DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

Does anyone else run home after work to see what progress has been made ?
Incredible does not begin to describe this aquarium Ching , thank you for sharing it with us.
Can't wait to see more.

Tim K

Cant wait to get home!!! I see the progress from work everytime I have a chance. Cant wait to see the first corals!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15723729#post15723729 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmoney
What made you decide to go with tunze over vortech? I'm just curious.
vortech can't work over 2" thick glass for one and cannot work be wet
tunze 6305 flow rate up 7925 gph

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15720324#post15720324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by meredith1985
WOW! I absolutely love your rockwork. It is making me rethink mine and maybe using that bonding stuff you used. What kind did your friends use to attach the rocks together like that?

ching,
Your rockwork has me rethinking my rockwork as well. I found the photo you posted...can you bond it underwater or does it need air exposure to cure? And have you ever used it in an existing tank?

Keep up the good work and keep the Penfolds flowing! ;)

Sunny

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15719843#post15719843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

8 6305's!!! OMG!!! You are going to have a monsoon in there! 64,000 gallons of flow with the power heads alone w/o the wave boxes or the returns!

AWESOME!:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15724100#post15724100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bullitr
vortech can't work over 2" thick glass for one and cannot work be wet
tunze 6305 flow rate up 7925 gph

Thanks I was really curious because I'm about to move to Cali and really want to build a monster tank in my new house, and this one has really been inspiring me

im jealous of the labeled plumbing!!!, let alone the rest of this monster. Congratulations Ching, better laid out and buiult than most public aquariums.

Just joined RC. Chinchai you have a wonderful project on the go. Keep up the posts. I stumbbled accross this thread and just had to say thanks for keeping us informed on your tank.

Can't wait to see it with fish and corals.

Rheal

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15723728#post15723728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kikegt
Cant wait to get home!!! I see the progress from work everytime I have a chance. Cant wait to see the first corals!!!

notebook and celularphone conection ;) , i check it every other hour....:D at home, at work, at the bathroom, at the aquarium store....i got addicted.....:bum:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15725209#post15725209 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sunnyday
ching,
Your rockwork has me rethinking my rockwork as well. I found the photo you posted...can you bond it underwater or does it need air exposure to cure? And have you ever used it in an existing tank?

Keep up the good work and keep the Penfolds flowing! ;)

Sunny

Marine epoxy will harden under the water.

Chingchai,
Really congratulations for the most beautifull private reef I ever seeing in my life.

And it´s not even working... hehehe

Congrats from Brazil and Marcelo is right... you should try Brazilian wines...

My oppinion is that after your setup is ready... nobory will pay attention for the wave makers or Turbelles... they will disapear in the middle of this beautifull reef.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15719376#post15719376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Blue corner
Yes, I saw that the refugium come back to the sump, but on the same part of the sump you have your "Skimmer in", which mean that part of this benefical micro fauna will be take out by the skimmer.

My preference should have a divided sump from where the "refugium out" will be on the "tank in" sump part and separated from the "Skimmer in" located on the "tank out" sump part. Like this the refugium water will go to the tank without lossing part of the micro fauna.

I think "Oldtimer" understand my meaning.

Pascal. Thanks so much for your recommendation.

Back