DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15719953#post15719953 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cloakerpoked
Are you painting the back or using a backdrop to hide the cords from the powerheads?

As far as the skimmer/fuge debate, I guess the issue is really in a tank system this big, what will the difference be? Its not as though water goes into the skimmer dirty, and leaves completely devoid of nutrients on the first pass like water entering and leaving a water treatment plant (although I'm sure nutrients enter and also exit those also, so maybe it is like a treatment plant after all.) The point is that skimmers work in multiple, multiple passes, so the refugium will still get the nutrients it needs to survive and thrive, the pods will take up residence all over a system this size (probably the sump, fuge, frag tanks, display, etc) so I think people worrying about where their skimmer is in relation to the refugium is often an overstated problem with very inconsequential results.

No, I won't paint the back but will hide the cord behind the pipe.

Thanks for your opinion on skimmer/fuge issue. You agree with you.
My old system is just like this new tank. And It works fine.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15720324#post15720324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by meredith1985
WOW! This is sooo cool ching! I didn't check this thread for two days and I come back to find 3 new pages! I absolutely love your rockwork. It is making me rethink mine and maybe using that bonding stuff you used. What kind did your friends use to attach the rocks together like that?

Thanks.
We use this kind of bonding stuff.
A+B Epo Putty 100g
http://www.alteco.com.sg/products_epoxy_a&b_epo_putty.shtml#

It costs only US$3.00 per set. Cheap and good.:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15720730#post15720730 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vpower
Amazing setup! Would really like to visit you next time I go to Bangkok :)
How do you like your tunze streams? Do you think they are noisy?

vpower. Thanks.
Let me know if you come to BKK.
I am happy with Tunze Stream. I don't think they are noisy.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15720925#post15720925 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Marcelo_Brasil
Oldtimer,

Fogo de chao is a must, it´s the Brazilian way to serve barbecue, steaks, when you can eat as much as you able before explode yourself ......the place i work at is an American Style casual dining, Steak House, more close to international brands like TGI Fridays, Applebees or Outback...

Chingchai, i would at least make a test without those two wave boxes at the center....i think that the other two, working away from each other, will produce a more natural wave flow through the tank, whith more pleasur to the eye...with all four at same time, will probably make too much mess at the surface, with a unatural effect...and plus the fact that two in the center are a distracting point of view, stealing attention from the animals and reef composition...
Just my humble opinion... ;)

Marcelo. You really can read my mind.
I already told them about this since last week but they forgot to do it.
They will take out two waveboxes in the middle early next week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15723729#post15723729 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmoney
What made you decide to go with tunze over vortech? I'm just curious.

quote:
Originally posted by jmoney
What made you decide to go with tunze over vortech? I'm just curious.

vortech can't work over 2" thick glass for one and cannot work be wet
tunze 6305 flow rate up 7925 gph

bullitr already answered this question.
Thanks to him.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15725209#post15725209 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sunnyday
ching,
Your rockwork has me rethinking my rockwork as well. I found the photo you posted...can you bond it underwater or does it need air exposure to cure? And have you ever used it in an existing tank?

Keep up the good work and keep the Penfolds flowing! ;)

Sunny

Yes, you can bond it underwater.
I never used this one in my existing tank. That tank I used TLF epoxy.
This one is much better and more solid.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15725521#post15725521 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SERVO
:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

8 6305's!!! OMG!!! You are going to have a monsoon in there! 64,000 gallons of flow with the power heads alone w/o the wave boxes or the returns!

AWESOME!:D

SERVO. Thanks for your calculation.:p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15726382#post15726382 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by paola98santana
U going to have a recreation of a man made wave-pool ready to bodyboarding.. :)

Nice set up, How much time left for the 1st residents??

paola98santana. Thanks.
I will start to put corals in the tank next week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15726470#post15726470 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lunker
im jealous of the labeled plumbing!!!, let alone the rest of this monster. Congratulations Ching, better laid out and buiult than most public aquariums.

lunker. Thank you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15727613#post15727613 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Iceman9128
Just joined RC. Chinchai you have a wonderful project on the go. Keep up the posts. I stumbbled accross this thread and just had to say thanks for keeping us informed on your tank.

Can't wait to see it with fish and corals.

Rheal

Rheal. Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15728002#post15728002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Faisal1976us
chingchai

Did you planing to use ULNS in your project ?

To be honest, I don't really know much about ULNS.
So the answer is no.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15728582#post15728582 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by elijaher
Chingchai, How much watts or power takes to run this beast?

You mean the lighting?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15729692#post15729692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carlos Arouche
Chingchai,
Really congratulations for the most beautifull private reef I ever seeing in my life.

And it´s not even working... hehehe

Congrats from Brazil and Marcelo is right... you should try Brazilian wines...

My oppinion is that after your setup is ready... nobory will pay attention for the wave makers or Turbelles... they will disapear in the middle of this beautifull reef.

Carlos. Thank you.

I will definitely try Brazillian wine.

Your opinion is exactly right!;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15731122#post15731122 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
paola98santana. Thanks.
I will start to put corals in the tank next week.

We need a countdown clock :D

This weekend, I got some nice corals from the same LFS.
Will add them to the tank in couple days.

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

Excellent selection of SPS pieces!!! looks like they are around 6" (almost like show pieces)!!!! and with a very nice color!!!

Can you get some of the best frags that are been sold in USA?¿ or is difficult for your location?¿ obviusly 100 frags in your tank will looks like "something little" appeared on the Live Rock... but in less than 1.5 years those corals will looks like medium colonies...

Today I noticed on the camera that you covered the top of the tank (lights) so I think you are making everything really fast!!!

Greetings from Mexico City, Im still enjoying your post!!!

Back