FINNEX 22G GLASS M-TANK w/ 150watt HQI + 36W PC + LED UPGRADE JOURNAL (pics a must!)

I couldn't help myself... this was the beginning of the night...

bday1.jpg

bday2.jpg

Fantastic doesn't even begin to describe last night... haha

So I am trying to decide between getting a second pump and plumbing another output... or trusting the hydor flo and getting a replacement pump... the pump the tank came with does about 343 gph i believe... I want like 600-700 gph.... what do you guys think? Stronger pump orrrrrr second pump? The hydor flo seems to do an amazing job of spreading flow around the tank...

Got the moonlight upgrade done... now the moonlighting looks even throughout the tank... def worth the hours of hard work fiddling with the complexities of the finnex lighting fixture - I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR INEXPERIENCED HUMANS!

DIATOMS BLOOMING WOO HOO! Orderd a second pump, another bottom rain tray (longer legs then the others), and some more tubing... i just think the turnover rate of the tank is too small and I could use another return in the display directing flow behind the rockwork!

Bought a peppermint shrimp to eat the aiptasia in my 5.5g... put him in there last night... woke up and my aiptasia is gone! He is def. a keeper... can't wait to migrate my 5.5g into my new tank which also is doing well with a zebra damsel 7 hermits 2 big a** turbos (i mean HUGE) some corals that came on the live rock and a colony of GSP. Again I must emphasize the HYDOR FLO IS AMAZING and SO IS MY GIRLFRIEND! :rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface::mixed: :mixed: :mixed: :mixed:

GOT MY PUMP AND PLUMBING!

GOT MY PUMP AND PLUMBING!

FINNEX got the pump and plumbing to me next day... i think their supplier is local to me... I now have 700 gph of flow in my cube tank! no more dead spots and the water level has been raised to the perfect level in the display... more flow more water filtered per hour happier sea creatures can life get any better? I submit that it can not.

pump.jpg

MORE PICS!

MORE PICS!

Notice the extra flow output and the positioning of the hydor flo... happy creatures everywhere look at the GSP at the bottom... never looked that great in the 5.5! Hoping to transfer my 5.5 into my big tank soon cant wait!

10501.jpg

10502.jpg

10503.jpg

Really like the aquascaping, except that white rock in the front. Give it half a year and it will be coraline covered.

I had another white rock that became coraline covered in 3 months in my 5.5g ... I got them on the beach when I went to south beach in miami florida for spring break.... cool porous rocks - it is only in the front there temporarily... there will be some minor minor aquascaping when I migrate my 5.5 into my big tank....

I paid "homage" to her tonight.... I cooked an amazing dinner and kicked my housemates out and we watched a movie and had my entire apartment to ourselves :eek:)

Anywho... tomorrow/today is sunday - I think im going to go buy some snails?

Haha why? He's cool to watch... I was planning on him kicking it because of the crazy ammonia levels that were supposed to arise... still waiting...

Back