First saltwater (110g build)

Well the YWG and pistol paired immediately. We acclimated them and the clowns together in the same bucket. The gf told me the pistol tried to shoot her twice and the clowns once when they went to investigate. He hasnt done it since. She put the pistol in where she wanted him to camp out and he burrowed under the rock. The YWG went in next and immediately posted up in the doorway. The clowns went in after that. They are supposed to both be regular Ocellarus but one looks like a saddle variation. She picked up a scooter blenny too and unfortunately I don't think he's going to make it. We just don't have the pod population to support him yet. He has been eating mysis but I know he needs pods. The CUC arrived yesterday in good shape. When I get off work tonight I will try to post some cell pics and videos she sent me.

Not sure if it will let you guys see this video, but this is my Tiger Pistol coming out of his den to check on some snails. He's been gathering up all the white shells from my sand and taking them inside. He hasn't killed any of the live snails, but he'll run out and check their shells to see if they are empty like this quite often.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201075703721657

What's in there?

IMG_4971_zps6a5e91ac.jpg

IMG_8416_zps1ee0a830.jpg

We've got some snails.

IMG_1611_zpsf042a6b8.jpg

The girlfriend swore they were humping... lol

IMG_3337_zpsa7b694b3.jpg

YWG from Liveaquaria

IMG_9978_zpseec13e72.jpg

Posted up outside the Tiger Pistol den

IMG_8436_zps1586baf9.jpg

IMG_8435_zps1e986fea.jpg

You can see the clowns at the back by the overflow.

IMG_3694_zps6b230a96.jpg

If you can get some nutramar ova the red scooter dragonet will most likely eat it. They used to carry it at Aquariums in Edmond. It is very nutritious and will support the fish as long as you feed at least once a day. More would be better.

Fish look good man. Cami's really getting into this ;) May I ask why so many snails? Just curious. I know they're excellent for cleaning, but 85 seems like a lot to me. Granted, I'm fairly new to the hobby, so don't shoot me if it's a dumb question.

Fish look good man. Cami's really getting into this ;) May I ask why so many snails? Just curious. I know they're excellent for cleaning, but 85 seems like a lot to me. Granted, I'm fairly new to the hobby, so don't shoot me if it's a dumb question.

That is what reefcleaners specced for me. I'm very new as well and from everything I've read they are the place to go. It seemed like a lot to me as well, but they are very knowledgeable.

If you can get some nutramar ova the red scooter dragonet will most likely eat it. They used to carry it at Aquariums in Edmond. It is very nutritious and will support the fish as long as you feed at least once a day. More would be better.

Thank you very much. As long as it can sustain him until I get an abundance of pods that would be great. He was only 8 $ but I can't stand to see him starve. The woman said he ate quite a bit of mysis last night.

We added a few more fishies and such this week. The tank now holds:

Yellow watchman goby
Tiger pistol shrimp
Two ocelarus clowns
Fire shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
Scooter blenny
Sailfin tang
Flame angel

Welo rather randomly the flame angel died. He's been doing so well. The girlfriend fed them all in front of her mom last night and she said he ate like usual and was very active, like usual. She came home today to find him stuck to a powerhead. He's been in there almost two weeks with no signs of an issue. Very odd.

Back