GHL Doser 2 Owners Club

Is there a slave doser to add on to the 4 pump main doser? I looked on some sites and did not find any selling slave dosers. I need 6 pumps total for my application.

@mike810
Yes, we do offer slave Doser 2 units.

You can find them being sold at several dealers such as Aqua Digital or Aquarium Specialty. If it is not listed on the site, send them an email and they will get one for you.

When adding a slave doser to the stand alone doser 2, do I have to update the firmware on the slave unit also? Does it require the com ports like the stand alone master unit? I had to use my pc to update the firmware on the stand alone unit because my laptop didn't want to let me manually install the drivers for the usb port.

You can update the FW on the slave doser if you want to have the magnetic stirrer feature available to you.

The slave doser connects to the standalone doser with a PAB cable. Once connected, you can access the settings all from the standalone doser connection. No additional COM ports are needed.

You can update the FW on the slave doser if you want to have the magnetic stirrer feature available to you.

The slave doser connects to the standalone doser with a PAB cable. Once connected, you can access the settings all from the standalone doser connection. No additional COM ports are needed.

Thanks for the clarification and sigh of relief.

The latest firmware is located in the latest version of GHL control center. You can find that in the downloads page at Aquariumcomputer.com

Question...I would like to run to separate standalone units, is this possible and if so how is it to be configured over wifi? The reason being is because of how I have my aquarium room set up. Thanks for input.

Thats what I planned but when I try to connect it only allows for me to connect to one or the other as on wifi they both come up as GHLDoser2 and doesn't give the option for two different dowers wifi

Yes, you can operate multiple SA doser 2 Units via Wifi direct connection.

If you are using the on-board Wifi to connect directly to the doser, you have to first connect to the doser via USB and change the SSID of the other doser. By default it is set to GHL Doser 2.

When you've done that, search for the dosers. Your device will bring up both dosers because they will now have different Wifi names.

I know it's probably been stated before somewhere but I'm having a hard time setting up the unit. I downloaded the software on my phone, note 4, and when I pull the app up it says Name: and Host:. What do I enter for these? I have the doser hooked up to my phone through the usb, I have a micro usb converter. Any suggestions?

I know it's probably been stated before somewhere but I'm having a hard time setting up the unit. I downloaded the software on my phone, note 4, and when I pull the app up it says Name: and Host:. What do I enter for these? I have the doser hooked up to my phone through the usb, I have a micro usb converter. Any suggestions?

Not sure if the doser can be configured with the phone. the best way to configure the doser is with a computer, you will need to download the ControlCenter software and use the USB to do the initial configuration, (I believe you need some drivers installed as well but not 100% sure). With in ControlCenter you can configure wireless so you can use your phone. i haven't figured out a way to configure dosing schedules using the phone app.

I thought it was wifi and you could run it off the app they have provided? Do you have to set it up first through a computer, to be able to use the app? Or right out of the box can you sign it into your wifi and do everything from the phone or tablet.

Ok I figured out how to configure dosing schedules via the GHl app it works great, you can control every function on the doser.

Back