How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Can you use a booster pump to utilize a pressurized tank? That's the way I have my drinking water set up.

I've never been much of a fan of Spectrapure. To me, they were a great company for reefers 10 years ago that never evolved. They had the highest quality ro/di units, but as other quality competitors came on, they didn't alter their prices or step up their service to compensate. The same can be said of their Litermeters.

Another alternative for water storage are storage tanks designed for Agricultural use.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/m/products/064724-norwesco-65-gallon-vertical-storage-tank.html

This one might work. It has an opening on the bottom. I can run my water pump line through it.

Hello everybody. This thread has inspired me to build my own regulator for my new calcium reactor that I just received and wow there is so much i didn't know about the regulators. so thank you to all for this mountain of information that you have given us.

i just saw this auction on a regulator and was wondering what your opinion might be on this model. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matheson-CG...082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae6b052aa

This regulator will work. The shipping fee is a bit high. It's not stainless steel. Seller is not taking return. Meaning you're stuck with this regulator if it has a leak. So consider these factors.

Haven't been able to find any of the burkert solenoids on ebay so i might just have to buy them new. But I'll keep looking :) i still need all the other connections. By the way, where did you order those bubble counters that attach to the meetering valve?

Awesome! so i didn't do too bad...and of course this is all thanks to you guys! Few questions regarding these regulators. I see that they both Have the same high and low pressure specs and was wondering what the real difference is between the two of them. I was looking on AIRGAS.com and the Y12-SR145D is labeled as a smart indicating regulator but since it doesnt come with the rest of the doo dads is it just like the Y12-244D? Also, is the second knob, the one after the regulator, really needed?

Here is the stainless steel whitey 22 series needle valve. This is a very rare valve and will work great. This is a hot item. If you are looking for a good needle valve, this is the one.

Thanks Alan. 111641705074 is now sold. Now I just need to find a regulator.

Here is a really nice concoa 312 regulator. The working condition is unknown and seller is not taking return. The condition still looks really good. Do you want to gamble? I wouldnt pay more than $40 for something like this.

Awesome! so i didn't do too bad...and of course this is all thanks to you guys! Few questions regarding these regulators. I see that they both Have the same high and low pressure specs and was wondering what the real difference is between the two of them. I was looking on AIRGAS.com and the Y12-SR145D is labeled as a smart indicating regulator but since it doesnt come with the rest of the doo dads is it just like the Y12-244D? Also, is the second knob, the one after the regulator, really needed?

As long as the regulator is a dual stage and you are good to go. Some regulators are made of stainless steel, assembled in a clean room, equipped with better parts for specific use. Both of the airgas regs you are looking at are dual stage. Just dont get the one with high working output pressure. Below 100 psi is good.

Once again thanks. All the re brand part numbers are hard to keep track off. I don't know how you do it.

]

Insert a 1/4 OD CO2 tubing to the Swagelok tube fitting.
IMG_20141026_163426.jpg

Tighten the the Swagelok tube fitting unit to the Hoke needle valve.
IMG_20141026_163656.jpg

I picked up a Swagelok tube fitting but it didn't doesn't quite fit my ideal valve.

28dea32c920f1474acc940c99f7463a5.jpg

Note sure if there was supposed to be another piece that I'm missing?

Back