How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Any new systems guys? I just built these vcr systems for a fellow member. These are the Matheson Ultraline. The reg alone retails at $1,400 each.
99232df5ba2999f9bdbb1d904f4f0aa7.jpg

6d6a05e1965ca402d7f82ae3e305bc01.jpg

1ee72c104eab9cffe4c27c8b95208e1d.jpg

Just picked up this Matheson two stage reg on eBay.

Gunna do low flow ideal metering valve, Burkert 6011 24v solenoid, and Swagelok SS fittings

Alanle I've been looking for one of those metering valves for a while and can't seem to find any.

Here's one with 1/8 connectors. You will need the right adapters. The price is a little hgh. If you can get the seller to go down to $80 then that should be good.

This reg is the big brother of the big brothers.

So I did good? $115 shipped. Brand new. He was asking $225

There's so many different brands out there, I was so confused. Matheson seemed to have a good reputation, and plus it looks good too. We all know how much that matters. Hahaha

Also what you think about the ideal valve vs the Swagelok? I already bought the 52-1-12 valve, i got it from another hobbyist from RC.

Alanle I've been looking for one of those metering valves for a while and can't seem to find any.

Same here it the main last piece I need.

Here's one with 1/8 connectors. You will need the right adapters. The price is a little hgh. If you can get the seller to go down to $80 then that should be good.

You guys try looking right here on RC? RC member has 3 swageloks brand new for $100

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2467664

That's where I got my ideal valve from.

I would pay $80 max for the swagelok valve. These are the angled versions. Super rare!

The Ideal valve will work. I prefer Swagelok as they are a well known company. Ideal is run by a small family.

The link I posted looks exactly the same as the eBay item you posted. Am I missing something?

I would pay $80 max for the swagelok valve. These are the angled versions. Super rare!

The Ideal valve will work. I prefer Swagelok as they are a well known company. Ideal is run by a small family.

I will pm the seller for one of his Swagelok valve.

Do you happen to have any extra 6011 solenoids your looking to sell? There's not much on eBay right now. I just need 1

How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Ok. Ordered all the big stuff today. Just need to pickup the fittings. Tried looking on eBay, but that was tough. Anyone have a good site for finding SS swagelok fittings?

Here's my parts list so far:

-Matheson 3122 dual stage regulator, nickel plated brass New $115 shipped eBay

-ideal 52-1-12 low flow metering valve. RC member $40 used

-Burkert SS 6011 24v 1/8 npt
$50 eBay New

-Superior Chrome CGA 320 nut and nipple 2.5" $20 new

Might add some Wika gauges, just because I like wasting money. Lol.

Back