How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

I have the cga330 that connects to the tank but the elbow that comes off the solenoid is that 1/8" male to 1/4" male? What configuration is the elbow?

-1/4 female NPT x 1/8 male NPT elbow (Swagelok cross ref. SS-4-RSE-2)

Like this.

If you read the first page correctly all detail is there. This is where I pick this info from.

The first page has a different metering valve configuration than mine the elbow out of the solenoid screws directly into the metering valve.

7a436d9f55854d0992501dbc13eb84f1.jpg

What are the two fittings after the solenoid?

c0eb08b95dc333f443ab989a4aa158ea.jpg

Ok so I got most of the post regulator parts but I'm a little stumped on what comes after the solenoid. Can somebody please help me out here? Thanks

Check out my post, it's post #535 on page 22. You'll need the hoke 1/4" tube to 1/4" NPT fitting and the 1/4" port connector. The eBay links might be gone, but just search for those.

Also, for those of you with face seal regulators, I assembled mine with none face seal fittings. Just Teflon tape and got the fitting as snug as possible without breaking anything. I finally tested mine today with soapy water and I had no leaks. Also, Danny who showed me this thread has the same face seal regulator and he also has no leaks using regular NPT fittings.

Thanks royvoss [emoji106]🏻. Do I need the same port connector on the out of my metering valve to connect the tubing?

How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Check out my post, it's post #535 on page 22. You'll need the hoke 1/4" tube to 1/4" NPT fitting and the 1/4" port connector. The eBay links might be gone, but just search for those.

Ya need this part
f8d1f778bd002bf678024f90df5aff5c.jpg

Btw your reg has vcr outputs. You need to convert it from 1/4 vcr to 1/4 or 1/8 npt (depends on your fittings setup).

i already purchased the fitting that royvoss recommended. I already had the port connector. I guess that part you suggested would just attach to the elbow which is essentially the same thing.

oh ok i see theres no need for the elbow with this part. Oh well too late but tanks. Alanle do I need the port connector on my output of my metering valve to connect the tubing? I bought one thinking i had to but since i need it now before the metering valve I have to by another one.

oh ok i see theres no need for the elbow with this part. Oh well too late but tanks. Alanle do I need the port connector on my output of my metering valve to connect the tubing? I bought one thinking i had to but since i need it now before the metering valve I have to by another one.

You dont need it. Just insert the tubing into the output of the needle valve the. Tighten it down.
Like this
2005c11e43faf3495afffdd2effbc94a.jpg

I hear that this reef hobby is bleeding me dry although I do recoup a lot of cash by selling corals. I'm hooking up an MTC pro cal calcium reactor to my system. Here is my display and frag tank.

281e386550aa0c85e0795b2151030fc2.jpg

e72b93b9bfb41e882a7536f97a4a8bea.jpg

Back