How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

no trying to hijack a thread, always wanted to try leds, but there has been so much discussion between the two, i could never make up my mind, your corals look outstanding .

just finished mine, just need to test it out

20151116_165503_zpsusvnfeb2.jpg

20151116_165457_zps23m7y0ds.jpg

20151116_165451_zpshozquw8r.jpg

Looks good. I found out that my cga nipple is too short. The gage goes right up to the knob on my co2 tank.

Yeah I guess that's what I have to do. I was thinking about getting an ext but that would have to be VCR on both sides.

Yeah I guess that's what I have to do. I was thinking about getting an ext but that would have to be VCR on both sides.

i do not even know if they make a longer nipple, kind of sucks, my tank will not be here for a few days, wonder if it hit,

Little mock up before I Teflon everything together

Ended up destroying the threads on the 1/4" nipple and the 1/4" 90. That's why it took me so long to get this project going. I tried using yellow Teflon tape, which is twice as thick as regular Teflon. Don't make that mistake. $40 mistake. Oh well.

just received my tank, have the same reg and cga adapter, mine clears .not by much , but it does clear

Actually after I assembled mine it also just makes it where I can still turn the knob. Oh and thanks again for the washers royvoss.

I wired up the solenoid today and watching some vids on YouTube made me question if I got the right acdc adapter. Are the wires supposed to be this thin?

df5c4f65c6f7a082a52d062fc3c10c35.jpg

I have noticed a lot of different CGA specs on Ebay (like CGA 580) as well as in this thread. Isn't CGA 320 the only one that will work with a CO2 tank? Or can you change the stem that connects to the tank? I'd hate to buy a nice stainless steel doorstop.

I have noticed a lot of different CGA specs on Ebay (like CGA 580) as well as in this thread. Isn't CGA 320 the only one that will work with a CO2 tank? Or can you change the stem that connects to the tank? I'd hate to buy a nice stainless steel doorstop.

You can buy any regulator, and just change the stem to CGA 320.

Actually after I assembled mine it also just makes it where I can still turn the knob. Oh and thanks again for the washers royvoss.

I wired up the solenoid today and watching some vids on YouTube made me question if I got the right acdc adapter. Are the wires supposed to be this thin?

df5c4f65c6f7a082a52d062fc3c10c35.jpg

Is your solenoid 24v?

i ordered a 110 version of the valve, your adapter output is 24v and your valve is 24 volt , should work fine. these valves to not draw much current.

The wires for the 24v psu are freaking tiny. I suspect they use the same contacts for all the voltages though so they are huge.

I built mine up with a few pieces of heat shrink so that the cable strain relief would clamp on the cable properly.

Back