How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

With these regulator setups in your opinion would they be as stable and reliable as the CarbonDoser digital regulator/solenoid?
1xpc7
1xo07

1wz2k

Broken link

Finally finished this darn thing

What's a good pressure to keep the regulator at? I have it at 50psi right now, would keeping it lower make it easier to adjust?

Finally finished this darn thing

What's a good pressure to keep the regulator at? I have it at 50psi right now, would keeping it lower make it easier to adjust?

Ver nice system! PSI is too high. For ca reactor, i would run it at 20-25psi.

Where is the leak?

Looks like I got it fixed. I was able to tighter the fittings after the regulator. The solenoid and the needle valve aren't perfectly lined up like they were in the first pics I posted. But I could care less, as long as there's no leaks, I'm happy.

push to connect fitting

push to connect fitting

has any body tried or using push to connect fitting from the reg to reactor, kind of like jg fittings, but in ss, if so can i get a part number or pic

thanks

has any body tried or using push to connect fitting from the reg to reactor, kind of like jg fittings, but in ss, if so can i get a part number or pic

thanks

You mean this? I haven't seen it in ss but steel. It works really well with the co2 tubing. Ebay item number 252232526457
4d584ae75a74ebe9e90eaf3728b69bce.jpg

Looks like I got it fixed. I was able to tighter the fittings after the regulator. The solenoid and the needle valve aren't perfectly lined up like they were in the first pics I posted. But I could care less, as long as there's no leaks, I'm happy.

How do you like custom reg vs commercial? Isn't it night and day different?

How do you like custom reg vs commercial? Isn't it night and day different?

I'll be honest. The regulator and all that is the same to me.2 big gauges that read pressure. (Quality is much better obviously.)

HOWEVER, the needle valve is WAYYYY BETTER, Night and day. I can adjust the amount of co2 that's being injected much easier now. I don't know why I didn't build one years ago.

I literally would not have built one if it wasn't for this thread, and also you answering all of my questions. It was a little bit of work tracking down all the parts and what not, but having you here answering questions made things much easier for me. Thank you very much!!!

is the hoke 1300 series still the best needle valve for calcium reactors?? or is there a best option?

is the hoke 1300 series still the best needle valve for calcium reactors?? or is there a best option?

We want to look for low/medium flow valve. Valves with higher cV flow takes less turn to increase CO2 bubbles and are more sensitive to the touch. Any valve that has a 0.1 cV and below will work. Hoke 1300, swagelok s, m, 22 series, and Ideal 52-1 needle valves will work for our purpose.

Back