How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Is the HP and Lp 1/2" on this regulator? From all the spec I've read online everyone said its 1/4" connection but it seem like 1/2" on my. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
My AP doser seems to have an internal leak. I'll probably send it in to get fixed, but after reading through this thread I'm going to attempt to build one of these. Thanks for all the info and I'm sure I'll be posting many questions. Thanks!

I just picked up one of these. He has about 20 if anyone else is interested.

He is not taking returns, but in his description he claims they are in perfect working order. If they do have a leak, it should be covered by the eBay money back guarantee as I would expect that would be considered an item not as described. Am I living in dream land? I don't buy much from ebay, but have never had an issue so I don't know how strong their issue resolution program is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Praxair-Pro...391748?hash=item41aaead844:g:GLoAAOSwboVXOh~p

Here is my parts list and the sequence of assembly:

• CGA 320 nipple & Nut for CO2 connect Brass 28-May
  • PRS30123 Praxair Prostar Dual Stage Regulator Chrome Plated Brass 31-May
  • SS-4-A-4RS SS4A4RS 1/4 male x 1/4 Female SS 27-May
  • SS-4-RB-2* 1/4 male x 1/8 Female SS 27-May
  • SS-2-ME 1/8 male x 1/8 male elbow SS 26-May
  • Burkett 6011 1/8 x 1/8 FNPT Female solenoid SS 28-May
  • SS-2-ME 1/8 male x 1/8 male elbow SS 26-May
  • SS-22RF2 1/8 FNPT Swagelok Nupro Needle Valve SS 26-May
  • SS-200-1- 2 1/8" MNPT x 1/8" tube SS 31-May

There is a Victor SGT500 stainless reg on eBay right now if anyone is interested. Not cheap but looks to be in excellent shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I need help. I used this thread to build my regulator and it was an awesome reference. I went with the Burkert 6011 valve. Got it from eBay. I have now burned through my 3rd one. They seem to last a couple weeks then they dont shut off. It makes that clicking sound when activated, but will still allow gas through. I have been buying these.......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burkert-601...579264?hash=item2a67d41740:g:CK8AAOSwKtlWizF8

Seems to be the only one on eBay with the right fittings. Anyone else have these issues? Something I am doing wrong? I am giving it 40 PSI in and I was under the impression that they are good up to 65.

Thanks!

Guys I need help. I used this thread to build my regulator and it was an awesome reference. I went with the Burkert 6011 valve. Got it from eBay. I have now burned through my 3rd one. They seem to last a couple weeks then they dont shut off. It makes that clicking sound when activated, but will still allow gas through. I have been buying these.......
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burkert-601...579264?hash=item2a67d41740:g:CK8AAOSwKtlWizF8

Seems to be the only one on eBay with the right fittings. Anyone else have these issues? Something I am doing wrong? I am giving it 40 PSI in and I was under the impression that they are good up to 65.

Thanks!

I just bought the same one, but have not started my build yet. Still waiting for the solenoid and one other part to be delivered. Hopefully someone chimes in. This didn't make me happy to read.

Thanks!

Anyone with any help on this? Been running my reactor without one.......scary. Maybe another source, or some other type?

Back