How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Where are you guys finding your fittings? I have priced them out on a couple different sites and seem to keep coming up with very similar $$ numbers.

SS-4-HN - $4.15
SS-4-RSE-2 - $21.70
SS-2-SE - $18.30
SS-200-R-4 - $10.20
+ shipping and my grand total is right around $65. this was all through Radwell International.

BTW, awesome thread. Can't wait to get all my parts in.

How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

I ordered mine direct from swagelok. They have a branch local to me so I usually pick up same day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered mine direct from swagelok. They have a branch local to me so I usually pick up same day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never occurred to me to see if they were local - they are about 40 minutes away. Thank you!

So with this in mind - looks like their prices are cheaper than buying via ebay. Here is how I am picturing this going together. Someone please chime in if this is wrong.

Also, is there a different check valve that you guys recommend from this one that is just as good and may save me some money?
3yvyXwHl.jpg

I was going to talk to the Swagelok rep when I got the other parts to see if they have a solid tubing to put inthere that would connect the 2 parts. If they don't then I was just planning on attaching it with the Co2 tubing.

Not sure if you guys know the answer to this, but my guage dials were bent when they were shipped to me so I am looking to replace them. If my current low range dial is 0-200, I should be able to replace it with something like a 0-60psi guage and then just make sure that I only keep the pressure within that range?

Started a thread but received no response. Just wondering if I need a check valve on my co2 line after my bubble counter?
I had one but my bubbles wouldn't go, like it was backwards soon as I take it off bubbles flow perfect! Put a brand new one on and same thing, so right now running it without a check valve. Thanks

Did you try reversing the check valve? Check valves also have an operating pressure. If the pressure on the incoming side is lower than rated, it doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You place the check valve before the bubble counter. Look at the directional arrow. Also increase the output pressure.

Alanle I got the regulator off you last year with bubble counter attached, also grabbed the silver check valves off eBay, arrows are pointed in the right direction. I would turn the pressure up just afraid of doing damage as you recommended not going above 30psi. Looking at the murlock check valve, or that dennerle check valve. Any thoughts on those?

Alanle I got the regulator off you last year with bubble counter attached, also grabbed the silver check valves off eBay, arrows are pointed in the right direction. I would turn the pressure up just afraid of doing damage as you recommended not going above 30psi. Looking at the murlock check valve, or that dennerle check valve. Any thoughts on those?

Post some pixs. It's ok to go as high as 40psi.

Finally got the majority of my regulator built. Going to wire it up once I get a Co2 tank next week, but I wanted to post some pictures.

Great! I would loce to know more about fitting and integrated check valve and bubble counter!!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

You can go as high as 45PSI. However, with the CA reactor you only need around 10-20PSI. By the way, replace that check valve every year or so. It can go bad. You don't want water to get into the solenoid and regulator.

Just built this system for fun. It's a dual stage Concoa 312 with ASCO solenoid, Swagelok S series needle valve and Wika liquid filled gauges. The needle valve has a lock-in feature. Once you set the bps to a desired level, you can lock the knob.
1e78aa6ff3d271875d0ddc522eeccf4b.jpg

7fbdc6139b736400792b9c5f1af4134f.jpg

2de4b4f544a00e19f3883631efb5f2cf.jpg

Back