How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Ebay item #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I actually purchased that burkert yesterday for $20, I took another good look before paying and its 24v AC not DC. And where can I get stainless or chrome CGA?

Hey Alanle, do you know anything about Praxair Regulator 3122391-350? I just picked one up and cannot find any info on it.

Hey Alanle, do you know anything about Praxair Regulator 3122391-350? I just picked one up and cannot find any info on it.

Wait I found this. So if I have this right, the numbers after 312 correspond to the list, and the 350 is the type of connector it has?

57eb3045d1991539f45afb39fd25b21c.png

Just built this system for fun. It's a dual stage Concoa 312 with ASCO solenoid, Swagelok S series needle valve and Wika liquid filled gauges. The needle valve has a lock-in feature. Once you set the bps to a desired level, you can lock the knob.

You sir, make regulators look very sexy. I want to switch to CaRx just because the regulators you make look so good.

What liquid to use for C02 Bubble Counter?

What liquid to use for C02 Bubble Counter?

My needle valve came with a bubble counter attachment. What liquid should I use in there? I have heard use water. I have heard use mineral oil. What should I use? Thanks.

Here's another tip for testing used regulators. I just got a praxair/concoa 312 and while testing it, the second stage would not hold pressure. I proceeded to setup the return with the eBay seller but figured I'd test it one more time. This time after pressurizing the second stage and removing it from the co2 bottle, I cut off the fingers of disposable gloves, slipped one over the CGA nipple and one over the hose barb fitting that was on the shutoff valve that came with the regulator. I used rubber bands (daughters hair ties) to seal up the gloves. I went to check on it an hour later and the glove tip was inflated and the gauge was down about 20psi. So I removed the stock post body assembly, attached the solenoid I will be using, pressurized the second stage again and now it holds pressure just fine. All along it was just a bad shutoff valve that was going to be replaced anyways. I forgot to take a pic of the inflated glove tip on the post body
41ecbf6b4ba752370a4696019ead0fb0.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my second build for my buddy in AZ

Praxair/concoa 312 body
Parker NM Metering valve
Clippard Solenoid

ffc5eb12cb6a7854458869f31ef109c7.jpg
c1ef5e490262431243500e31edbbc7c1.jpg

I found a local deal and was wondering if this might be a good deal'

Praxis Dual Stage CGA 320 stainless for 75 bucks and Precision needle valves SS-554a 316 stainless for 40 bucks. Thanks in advance

I found a local deal and was wondering if this might be a good deal'

Praxis Dual Stage CGA 320 stainless for 75 bucks and Precision needle valves SS-554a 316 stainless for 40 bucks. Thanks in advance

Sounds like a good deal. Do you know the model number of the regulator?

At $75, I would find out the model number and make sure it is stainless and that is it dual stage. Dual gauge /= dual stage.

Back