How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

That looks to be a Concoa 312 reg. It is not stainless. It is chrome plated brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a good price for a dual stage reg.

It is not stainless, and the part number show it to have a 590 nipple not a 320 unless he changed it out already.

1st should be letters. Probably SS for stainless steel. Last letters show a vernier handle which is nice. The middle letters/number is important because it tells you the size and type of fittings it has. $60 is fair.

@moondoggy4, look at the pic I posted on post 907, it tells you about the different concoa 312's, just match up the numbers after the 312 on the part number.

I know costs are all over the place depending on the type of deal you can find on ebay but ball park what are we looking at here for a quality setup? I dont care if stainless or brass as I will plasti dip anyway to color coordinate with the rest of my stand setup but curious.

With the dual stage does that negte the end of tank dump and issues with the needle valve or does it only give you better insight that it is coming so you can address earlier?

I was looking at the carbon doser for ease of use but I have a concern that should it fail open or such I am screwed unless I still add another shutoff. With these you rely on the needle valve and have the solenoid as backup so it already has redundancy.

Plus from a cosmetic standpoint these are sexy vs the carbon doser... and that counts for something.

@soulpatch, Here was my parts list and prices. I am ~$400 into my setup including Co2 tank. I did have to drop $40 on new gauges though because they were damaged when they were shipped to me. You could probably go quite a bit cheaper on the fitting too if you went brass since you will be using plastidip. Hopefully this list helps out some people.

- CONCOA 432 Stainless Steel Regulator ($60)
- CGA 320 Nipple+Nut+Washer (Brass) ($10)
- Burkert 6011a Stainless Steel solenoid ($42)
- Burkert DC Power Supply ($7.99)
- Wika 0-30psi pressure gauge ($20.75)
- Wika 0-1000psi pressure gauge ($20.75)
- 5lb Co2 Tank ($58.78)
- Swagelok fittings
-- (2x) SS-2-SE ($33.2 for both)
-- SS-4-HRN-2 ($6.30)
-- SS-4-TA-1-2 ($5.60)
-- SS-401-PC ($5.70)
-- Swagelok Meter Valve, SS-SS4-VH ($132)

Awesome thanks for the list. Considering that the carbon doser is 300 and if I take the tank out of yours it is basically the same it seems to work out in my favor to go with a serious system. Especially when I consider that you have a backup to the needle valve whereas the carbon doser is without redundancy.

Can brass fittings from Home Depot be used if the regulator is brass ? It's a lot cheaper buying those then ordering swagelok fittings. I used pipe thread sealant along with teflon tape for all the fittings.

This is what I have so far for under $200

Last edited:
Can brass fittings from Home Depot be used if the regulator is brass ? It's a lot cheaper buying those then ordering swagelok fittings. I used pipe thread sealant along with teflon tape for all the fittings.

This is what I have so far for under $200

do a soapy water leak test.

I notice my needle valve does not really affect the bubble counter; I have to turn the main regulator knob to effect a change. Is the needle valve really supposed to make a difference in bubble count? I can't dial it in with the needle valve. I bought a used regulator, so maybe it's broken. What are your experiences with the usefulness of the needle valve, versus the main regulator knob, when dialing in a good bubble count?

20160827_082046_zps2anqirfm.jpg

Last edited:
I notice my needle valve does not really affect the bubble counter; I have to turn the main regulator knob to effect a change. Is the needle valve really supposed to make a difference in bubble count? I can't dial it in with the needle valve. I bought a used regulator, so maybe it's broken. What are your experiences with the usefulness of the needle valve, versus the main regulator knob, when dialing in a good bubble count?

20160827_082046_zps2anqirfm.jpg

What PSI are you running? Looks like 5 in the pic? That seems a little low, I think the norm is 10-15psi.

Post @907

Post @907

@moondoggy4, look at the pic I posted on post 907, it tells you about the different concoa 312's, just match up the numbers after the 312 on the part number.

Thanks for the link:bigeyes: now all I have to do is get my old man eyes to read it.

I bought my 6011 Burkert from ebay and noticed it came with a 2506 type connection. The Burkert says 24v=4W and the connection says 0-250V AC/DC. Am I suppose to use a certain power supply with this or just a wire it up direct with a cord?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

I bought my 6011 Burkert from ebay and noticed it came with a 2506 type connection. The Burkert says 24v=4W and the connection says 0-250V AC/DC. Am I suppose to use a certain power supply with this or just a wire it up direct with a cord?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

That means input can be 0-250 volts. Output is 24v 4 watts. Any pictures?

Back