How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

What PSI are you running? Looks like 5 in the pic? That seems a little low, I think the norm is 10-15psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, mic209. That might be the problem. I read somewhere that my PSI was not supposed to exceed 10 PSI--I think I read that in a GEO Calcium Reactor post.

I bought my 6011 Burkert from ebay and noticed it came with a 2506 type connection. The Burkert says 24v=4W and the connection says 0-250V AC/DC. Am I suppose to use a certain power supply with this or just a wire it up direct with a cord?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

By any chance Does it say 60hz? There were some 24 volt A/C burkerts on eBay, watch out for those and don't hook up a DC power supply to it.

Looks to be essentially a DIY co2 reg that he gathered parts for and is selling as a package. Looks to be a dual stage reg but the gauge configuration is different than most regs. I don't know if that is a sign of something off or if that is just how that particular reg is designed.

He has others with more normal gauges but was just more concerned I'm not missing anything gong this route. I dint mind spending a couple bucks extra to get it all in one shot...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

what about these complete units? I know cost is associated with not getting piece by piece but cheaper then carbondoser and looks to be a lot of parts used in this thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Stage-...916123?hash=item237098c79b:g:K8MAAOSwNsdXQmgE

He went and bought all of the parts on ebay and has been trying to sell the systems. The only part that he did not do right is the needle valve. The port size is 1/16. It is very small and fragile. We have warned him about this on the other forum.

He went and bought all of the parts on ebay and has been trying to sell the systems. The only part that he did not do right is the needle valve. The port size is 1/16. It is very small and fragile. We have warned him about this on the other forum.

Ok thanks. I will avoid his auctions and do it the right way of piecing together myself...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

Hey guys I created a group on fb called "reef systems". I'm looking for some nice pictures of a reef tank. I appreciate if you could share yours. Please send pictures to alanle79@yahoo.com. By the way you are welcome to join.

-Alan

Anyone know how to get this knob off? Trying to shine this guy up and rebuild. It's my first try.
3B24208F-56BA-4273-80AC-049762DEF3E1_zpshuro2a80.jpeg

Being that I'm in the middle of my first build of one of these... I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly is needed to get this metering valve in line right after my Burkert 1/8"npt solenoid. I think this valve has male 1/8" tube ends ?? Don't know how to connect it at all with all the different kinds of fittings. Any help would be great.

97B84322-CA75-46D6-97F2-B0438E4FFD0B_zpssf8ikjxz.jpg

Being that I'm in the middle of my first build of one of these... I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly is needed to get this metering valve in line right after my Burkert 1/8"npt solenoid. I think this valve has male 1/8" tube ends ?? Don't know how to connect it at all with all the different kinds of fittings. Any help would be great.

97B84322-CA75-46D6-97F2-B0438E4FFD0B_zpssf8ikjxz.jpg

Does the valve come with nuts and ferrules?
You need the following parts
1) 1/8 mnpt x 1/8 tube elbow (to connect solenoid and the valve)

2) 1/8 port connector (to connect valve to 1/8 elbow)

4965fa1758b0e35c39c2d159d6f609c8.jpg

Back