• Macropharyngodon meleagris

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • Macropharyngodon negrosensis

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 11.0%

• Total voters
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on 3 meleagris

If you get them through liveaquaria and get the small size. Just know they can be very small.
Not too long ago I ordered 4 ( small )from them and they were the smallest leopard wrasses I have ever seen. 2 of them were approx. 3/4" and the other 2 were about 1", maybe a little more.
They did quarantine well and have been in my 240 for a couple months.

If you get them through liveaquaria and get the small size. Just know they can be very small.
Not too long ago I ordered 4 ( small )from them and they were the smallest leopard wrasses I have ever seen. 2 of them were approx. 3/4" and the other 2 were about 1", maybe a little more.
They did quarantine well and have been in my 240 for a couple months.

I was concerned with getting smalls for that very reason, a 3/4"-1" Fish will disappear in my tank probably never to be seen again. I will wait for some medium or large ones to come along.

I was concerned with getting smalls for that very reason, a 3/4"-1" Fish will disappear in my tank probably never to be seen again. I will wait for some medium or large ones to come along.

It's almost funny sometimes when you order fish from them when it comes to sizes.
I've ordered a small meleagris before and received a 1-1/2" fish.
I ordered a small potters wrasse and received a 4-1/2" fish.

If I could only get the potters in small, I'd be pretty happy.

I thought that too in my 240, but they like to eat and I feed a couple times a day and they have a pretty good internal clock.

Yea my melegris was tiny when we got him several months ago from my LFS...I was worried too but he adjusted really well....and is growing.....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of my little melegris....
a503a522f580c147aaed90d11b852af4.jpg

Any new Leopards to share with us on here......my favorite Leopard in my tank is my Moyers leopard.....
ae088a1e409d8b94ed324cd0e09585d7.jpg

Leopard Wrasse Primer

Any new Leopards to share with us on here......my favorite Leopard in my tank is my Moyers leopard.....
ae088a1e409d8b94ed324cd0e09585d7.jpg

My 3 month old Moyer had to go into temporary QT exile as he was picking on this little cutie
00bf40c3b38e2410a9339d4b5c42d9db.jpg

940e4ab44f0372d89cb550d957f49a1e.jpg

But now that the tamarin wrasse is settled, comfortable and eating prepared food, I'll re introduce the Moyer to the display with an acclimation box...
Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! New pic of my potters Wrasse...just got him from my LFS....they have been trying to get me one since February!

17fe9a7e9c1c2b8e491110f6d5e11f67.jpg

Trying to add this pic...lol
0a609eb248b2d569aed70015063d62b6.jpg

Any updates on your potters? Finally got email in stock notification from LiveAquaria for a large Potters. But for the first time, was able to checkout first ! Woohoo! Will check in on Fri

I got 4 Potters from LA last Saturday too. The in-stock notification was at 6:24 AM. I was able to ordered 4 right away. They came Tuesday. I was waiting for a very long time for a Potter Leopard wrasse harem. 1 was DOA, and the other three were very stressed. I was able to get them into my QT system. I was thinking that the best I can hope for was 1 out of the three, but fortunately, they improved in my DT. Came home at noon today to check on them and this was what I found. All eating well and very active. I ordered 4 medium, but got two medium and two male but the largest of the 4 were DOA.
Good luck with yours tomorrow. I hope I will get luckly and able to keep the three I have in my QT system now. They are doing well but the time clock is still off. Last night the Male did not go to sleep in the sand as he should when the light was coming down. He got caught above the sand in total darkness and seem panicked. I have to turn the night light on for him. I check on him later and he was in the sand, not sure when he went to sleep. Hope he will do better tonight.

My male potter near death, or so I though Tuesday at noon
attachment.php

Here he is at 1PM Wednesday
attachment.php

One of the female at 1PM Wednesday. I did not get to see the third one come out of the sand.
attachment.php

The three of them 1PM Wednesday happy and eating, very active already.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I got 4 Potters from LA last Saturday too. The in-stock notification was at 6:24 AM. I was able to ordered 4 right away. They came Tuesday. I was waiting for a very long time for a Potter Leopard wrasse harem. 1 was DOA, and the other three were very stressed. I was able to get them into my QT system. I was thinking that the best I can hope for was 1 out of the three, but fortunately, they improved in my DT. Came home at noon today to check on them and this was what I found. All eating well and very active. I ordered 4 medium, but got two medium and two male but the largest of the 4 were DOA.
Good luck with yours tomorrow. I hope I will get luckly and able to keep the three I have in my QT system now. They are doing well but the time clock is still off. Last night the Male did not go to sleep in the sand as he should when the light was coming down. He got caught above the sand in total darkness and seem panicked. I have to turn the night light on for him. I check on him later and he was in the sand, not sure when he went to sleep. Hope he will do better tonight.

My male potter near death, or so I though Tuesday at noon
attachment.php

Here he is at 1PM Wednesday
attachment.php

One of the female at 1PM Wednesday. I did not get to see the third one come out of the sand.
attachment.php

The three of them 1PM Wednesday happy and eating, very active already.
attachment.php
Wow you got 4! That's probably why I couldn't get any jk.

Good luck to you too. What was your SG in the shipping bag?

Any updates on your potters? Finally got email in stock notification from LiveAquaria for a large Potters. But for the first time, was able to checkout first ! Woohoo! Will check in on Fri
Yep he is doing great!!! One of the first on up in the morning, and one of the last ones to go to bed....eats Mysis like a pig, and even grazes of my seaweed grazer! Congrats on your new Potters! I can't wait to see pics be and updates!!!

Yep he is doing great!!! One of the first on up in the morning, and one of the last ones to go to bed....eats Mysis like a pig, and even grazes of my seaweed grazer! Congrats on your new Potters! I can't wait to see pics be and updates!!!

Kinda concerned bc mine says large. Woulda preferred a medium but I'll take it.

My 4 wrasse come in a medium box, each only about 1 quart of water, maybe a little more. The whole box only weight 10 lbs so the total amount of water cannot be much more than a gallon. My friend ordered a Flame wrasse, much smaller. Came with about the same size box with more than a gallon of water for the 1 wrasse.
I think if you just order one wrasse, he will come with enough water. I keep this in mind next time I order fish from LA.

Recently got these Potter Leopard from LA. I ordered 4 but 1 was DOA. The three wrasse are doing well, active and eating well for the last several days. They are in my QT system which is a full reef, 40 gal breeder.
attachment.php

Back