Votes: 24 10.2%
  • Macropharyngodon meleagris

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • Macropharyngodon negrosensis

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 11.0%

• Total voters
So I actually think that my blue star male tries to attack me when I come up to the tank. I know sometimes he'll go after his reflection but it's become to coincidental to think otherwise. I can go on either side of my tank and he'll arm himself by flaring up, at times hoovering sideways/upside down, then ramming the glass. I'll have to try and get some footage if I can when he's doing this.

But when I first come home and he see's me with that blue box of black worms in my hand, he luvs me long time!

Wish me luck with my new juvenile potters leopard wrasses. They looked really good and were out for 5 hours after introduction, but you never can tell with these guys.

(excuse the dirty glass ;))
22565914612_161b8761d7_b.jpg

22392654079_8085bbb9dd_b.jpg

22553503666_a0f4c5e069_b.jpg

I've got a Kuiter's trio (large male, large female and small male) as well as a Feminus pair in my tank at the moment. The 3 Kuiter's and male Feminus are all on pellets already, while the female Feminus was on mysis but recently started throwing a tantrum and stopped eating prepared foods. I see her pecking on the rocks, presumably for pods which my tank has a healthy population of, but I'm starting to get worried. Anyone have suggestions on how to get her back eating?

P.S. I have a juvenile Lennardi too that the farm is helping me QT in copper at the moment as my QT tanks are currently full. It's feeding well :D

P.P.S I'm waiting for the next shipment of healthy Chaoti to come in. I missed out the last 2 shipments because my schedule didn't permit me to go purchase before they were sold out, and the shipment before that wasn't healthy

P.P.P.S Anyone realize yet that I love wrasses?
We love pictures :)

Mates pls tell which fish is this .LFS sold me this fish by saying as goby....
I m trying to find the real name of this goby.
She always hide under rock and only come out when feed. No sifting of sand.

Reply awaited

One of the potters pecked at LRS reef frenzy soaked in garlic and selcon today, other is still burrowed somewhere (hopefully).

Congratulations Ca1ore! Hope he does well for you!

Fish arrived OK, maybe a little thinner than I would have expected from DD. It immediately dove for the sand and I didn't see it again for 12 days (not that unusual, though the longer they stay buried, the poorer the prognosis) ..... until yesterday in fact. Only spent about 2 hours above ground, though in that time I was able to get it to eat some frozen. Still very much touch and go though.

JEEZ those are some gorgeous fish.

Thanks. :)

Fish arrived OK, maybe a little thinner than I would have expected from DD. It immediately dove for the sand and I didn't see it again for 12 days (not that unusual, though the longer they stay buried, the poorer the prognosis) ..... until yesterday in fact. Only spent about 2 hours above ground, though in that time I was able to get it to eat some frozen. Still very much touch and go though.

Yeah one of my potters still hasn't resurfaced, I'm fearing the worst since it's been 15 days. I have the other eating LRS Reef Frenzy really well so at least one is doing well. Best of luck with your choati, those are beautiful.

I did have a black leopard stay buried for about 4 weeks - thought it was dead for sure. But then, lo and behold, there it was (I still have her). All things being equal, longer in the sand means a poorer prognosis; but anything's possible.

FWIW. Choati came out today at around 2 pm :) .... for 20 minutes :(

Is it normal for leopards to come out of the sand quickly but only remain out for 5-10 min at a time in the first few days?

I've got 3 black leopards that arrived yesterday.

They've all come out of the sand since then both a few hours after acclimation and again today, but each time they only remain out a few minutes.

The weirdest thing is they act like they don't know how to swim. This is what really concerns me.

They each just sort of let the current push them back and forth. They rotate in place a little, sometimes rest on the sand, sometimes they will abruptly rise up and start acting like they will go somewhere...but then just not.

Meanwhile, while never moving more than about 3" from where they came out of the sand...they peck at the pods and at least 1 hate some frozen Reef Frenzy.

But that's it. Swim in place, take a quick bite, and back in the sand in 5 min.

Is that normal?

(FWIW, I've got pretty high flow, but not high enough to cause sandstorms)

Man I was lucky. My Potters didn't go in the sand till lights out on his first day in QT and ate within a few hours of acclimation. When I put him in the DT 8 weeks later he kept his usual routine and acted like he had been there forever. Funny thing was he was really skinny with a pinched belly when I got him.
Potters%20wrasse2%201%20of%201_zpsos2l1qg0.jpg

Potters%20wrasse%20DT1%201%20of%201_zpsgj9es365.jpg

Pinched belly is ok; its thin behind the head that's problematic. Was at at LFS a few weeks ago and they had a bunch of leopards all of which showed pinching behind the head. Probably most goners.

Trying to get some potters from Hawaii from a vendor, is it better to get a smaller med or larger specimen in terms of success?

I did have a black leopard stay buried for about 4 weeks - thought it was dead for sure. But then, lo and behold, there it was (I still have her). All things being equal, longer in the sand means a poorer prognosis; but anything's possible.

FWIW. Choati came out today at around 2 pm :) .... for 20 minutes :(

are you sure it's not coming out at 5 am? something to think about!

good luck! can't wait for pics!

Has anyone gotten potters or leopards from live aquarium? About to order three, i cant find them from my source. I am still debating if I should QT these or just dump and pray, i have a few expensive wrasse that I dont want to endanger, mainly my pintail and rhomboid fairies.

Has anyone gotten potters or leopards from live aquarium? About to order three, i cant find them from my source. I am still debating if I should QT these or just dump and pray, i have a few expensive wrasse that I dont want to endanger, mainly my pintail and rhomboid fairies.

anything you get from anywhere except diver's den you should QT & condition for your tank.

you have total control on insuring that it is eating foods without competitive fishes or aggressive actions. It's not just for disease with expert level fish care.

a few pics here of my wrasse QT & condition. I also match the QT salinity to what the fish came in, and daily water changes increase slowly to display tank salinity.

Attachments

• IMG_8748.jpg
    IMG_8748.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2020_resize.jpg
    IMG_2020_resize.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well I ordered three from LA, they should be here tomorrow, since I have the 14 day warranty, I am going to QT them to protect my other fish, I have a largish tupperware full of sand ready to go.

Back