My 120 SPS tank growth shots and top-downs

Thanks. The anemone has moved a bit and is planted on the right side of the tank. I still need to perform my big pruning. I will post some before and after pictures.

What a great Tank! I just moved from Florida to Colorado so I had to give my 120 up, but I know now what a great tank looks like and gives me some new ideas! Keep posting the animals are awesome! Jeff

dude fantastic setup, i need to do some bulb research, i see you run 10k mh bulbs, ive always been told anything less than 14k would cause your corals to grow like crazy but be brown, yours look fantastic and have great color.

dude fantastic setup, i need to do some bulb research, i see you run 10k mh bulbs, ive always been told anything less than 14k would cause your corals to grow like crazy but be brown, yours look fantastic and have great color.

Thanks. Yes I have been pleased with these 10K Ushios. I like the bright "noon day" sun in the tank look. They do not look yellow either.

I did try some 14K Hamiltons but they were pretty dim by comparison. I only ran one ballast with one for a few days. Even my anemone at the time started to move when I put the 14K in so I quickly went back.

I use the actinic VHOs to get the blue and fluorescent look back.

Enjoy!

Jan 2, 2011 Updates

Jan 2, 2011 Updates

A few updates from this evening...

My Blenny
Reef15_01022010.jpg

Mother Anemone
Reef09_01022010.jpg

Reef11_01022010.jpg

Underside of the large Milli colony
Reef07_01022010.jpg

Reef05_01022010.jpg

Reef16_01022010.jpg

Reef02_01022010.jpg

Not yet! I am having a free frag fest this Sat. for my local reef club to take away my trimmings.

I enjoyed giving out the frags to my local club. They helped me out by taking the cuttings and giving them a good home. I removed quite a bunch of corals, but it doesn't look that different to me. Happily, my frag sump is nearly empty too. FYI, I think I gave many bags of frags to each of the 16 people that came by.

AFTER
after_frags2.jpg

after_frags1.jpg

BEFORE
before_frags1.jpg

Awesome gesture you made by giving the frags away.......and your right it doesnt look that different...I think its growing faster than you are trimming. CAN YOU SAY UPGRADE!!! haha j/k

I really enjoy relaxing and having a beer and cruising tank log threads. I very much enjoyed this one. It just seems like you called your shot with the built-ins, sump room, and just enough maintenance to get the result you knew was coming...

Back