Mycobacterium Marinum

NeilPearson

I have developed some hives or something on my arms and back. About 6 of them in total. I only had one arm in the aquarium. Does it make sense that Mycobacterium Marinum could spread to other skin that wasn't in contact with saltwater?

They started out itchy and red and had some hard swelling. Not really a lump or a bump but more like a hard swelling. Then the center got a lession that scabbed over quickly but it never really bled. After that the swelling died down and they appear to be healing.

This happened to me once before too about a month ago but then it went away so I wasn't too worried about it.

I know you can't give me a medical diagnosis but I was wondering if you had any opinions on what this could possibly be.

Re: Mycobacterium Marinum

NeilPearson said:
I know you can't give me a medical diagnosis.
Bingo! The only thing I would feel comfortbale saying is have a doctor take a look at it.

Re: Re: Mycobacterium Marinum

Re: Re: Mycobacterium Marinum

StevenPro said:
Bingo! The only thing I would feel comfortbale saying is have a doctor take a look at it.

That's what I figured I'd get...

okay, let me ask it this way :)

In your experience, did it only happen to skin that was exposed or did it spread to other areas?

Also, in your experience, did it seem to go away at all and then come back?

I realize that I am only asking what experience you had with it and from that experience, it would be impossible for me to conclude either way what I have, especially since it may affect individuals differently.... but I would still like to know :)

It started on the knuckle of my right hand and then spread up my arm. It also came and went in the beginning. When I first noticed my knuckle, I put a band aid and neosporin on it every night. After one week like that, it went away. But then, about one week later, it came back.

Back