Oldest led fixture still running?

jestronix

How old is your oldest led fixture ? I'd be really interested to see how people are going with their first led units all these years later. Have they stood the test of time ? Will the fixtures die long before the actually leds do ?

My oldest is 4 years on my old Ai prime. All my other cheap leds died.

A pair ofAI Sol blue from around 2009 to 2010.
Still running with some led chips failed.
But many of my AI hydra failed with RB led chips burnt out.

I have 10 Maxspect razors, all of them are on the 2nd batch of LED pucks. All of them had blue channels failed. So the fixtures definitely out last led chips.

I can't remember the member's name, but someone posted in this forum showing a gorgeous tank that is still using his original generation 1, Radions. Maybe he/she will chime in.

AI were the first that were redily availble, those would be the longest ones out there still running the SOL series.

My old Solaris is still running on a tank.
I would still have it if I could get the drivers.
Great Light, Grew Corals Extremely Well.

Build My Led 2013, Driver and LEds have not missed a beat. I still run it at 80%.

My DIY 3w cree setup has been running on my 72 bow since 2008. 10 years! At 8 hours a day that is about 29,000 hours without a single chip or driver failure.

I have an EverGrow D120 (the Chinese maker of Reef Breeders and Ocean Revive ... and probably others) that I bought in 2012. It still lights my frag tank and corls of every kind do just find under it.

2 Sol Blues from 2009. Never turned off. Still perfect and never a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These longevity reports are pretty encouraging. I still get the itch to go back to T5 or MH from time to time. So when I do, I will refer back to this thread and think about buying and changing out bulbs.

Back