Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef"

I use color changing silica I bought at Harbor Frieght. It turns from blue to pink when wet, then you can recharge in a oven.

If your I DIY guy I'll try to find the link on how to biuld it the cheap bastard way, I think all the materials were about 10 bucks includeing the silica.

Or you could just buy a canister from BRS.

Last edited:
Fish of the day is a Mystery Wrasse
IMG_1248.jpg

ozone

ozone

I use this one from marine depot
Ultralife Ultra Zone Aquarium Ozonizers
I have the 360. there is no stuff to dry and mess with, just hook up an airhose with airpump and plug it in. Mine is on my apex controller, runs around half an hour right after lights go off about once every several days.
my tank is 240 gallons with 150 sump, so I could easly get by with the smaller unit actually. the 360 was the perfect size for my old 500 gallon.

oh, it's run into an old Red Sea prizm skimmer via air intake. These triangled shaped skimmers are not worth much, but does a good job with ozone, has a cartrigde in the outlet for your carbon and the ozone won't break down the skimmer body. I of course run a regular sized decent skimmer in my sump as well.

I like the spot on the tail. Nice colony of candy canes btw.

Thanks Chris!

I use this one from marine depot
Ultralife Ultra Zone Aquarium Ozonizers
I have the 360. there is no stuff to dry and mess with, just hook up an airhose with airpump and plug it in. Mine is on my apex controller, runs around half an hour right after lights go off about once every several days.
my tank is 240 gallons with 150 sump, so I could easly get by with the smaller unit actually. the 360 was the perfect size for my old 500 gallon.

oh, it's run into an old Red Sea prizm skimmer via air intake. These triangled shaped skimmers are not worth much, but does a good job with ozone, has a cartrigde in the outlet for your carbon and the ozone won't break down the skimmer body. I of course run a regular sized decent skimmer in my sump as well.

Thank you for the extra info on ozone, I just ordered a Milwaukee MC125 - pH/ORP controller. I'm also thinking of using a ozone reactor or another skimmer

just read this whole thread and what has inspired me about you and your wife's story is the fact that even in the face of adversity you do not seem to let that get in the way of living your life to the fullest. it would have been easy during a tough time to just dismantle the tank or let it go but your system looks amazing and you continue to develop it! i wish you are your wife the best in 2013 and will be following along on here! thoughts and prayers are with you!

just read this whole thread and what has inspired me about you and your wife's story is the fact that even in the face of adversity you do not seem to let that get in the way of living your life to the fullest. it would have been easy during a tough time to just dismantle the tank or let it go but your system looks amazing and you continue to develop it! i wish you are your wife the best in 2013 and will be following along on here! thoughts and prayers are with you!

Thank you so much!

Took some time to tie down some wires, hook up a timer switch, for night time leds and two switches for circulation pumps and skimmer.
Also hooked up the MC125 pH/ORP Meter controller for the ozone generator.
WP_000373_zps482e8a24.jpg

WP_000375_zpsbc5488b0.jpg

Back