Our 400 Gallon In Wall Natural Sun-Lit Reef"

TheFishTeen-Hey man i like the idea of the top to muffle the noise but about those filter socks, if they clog ur kinda busted.

Thanks man - I have a waterfall cut into that wall, its just under the sock cover. I'll get a picture up.

My new toy came today a My Reef Creations MR-6R Recirculating Protein Skimmer

Recirculating Pump Reeflo Hammerhead Gold 5500gph
Box Dimensions 12" x 12"
Total Height 48"
DSCN2200.jpg

Sorry it’s been so long between large updates. I have completed 80% of the plumbing I’ve done enough to get the tank up and running. I hooked up the protein skimmer “SkimZilla” I’ve added 120lbs of live rock and 350 lbs of dry.
I still have to plumb in another Super Dart Gold my chiller and reactors I can’t do that until my 150 is broken down.
The foam from this skimmer is crazy, the water without air is only 2 inches above the blue box
DSCN2209-1.jpg

DSCN2208.jpg

DSCN2224.jpg

DSCN2225.jpg

DSCN2191.jpg

DSCN2193.jpg

DSCN2220.jpg

DSCN2221.jpg

DSCN2222.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg

It is looking fabulous! Cannot wait till next year when we can see it in person when you decide to hold a meeting. ( hint hint) lol!

Your tank is going to be so sick! Nice job so far.....Wish I had your bank roll...lol...Keep posting updates....

Thanks guys! I finally started moving some of my livestock. I love the look of the Sun-Dome Lighting, and to think it’s FREE!
DSCN2246.jpg

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2235.jpg

DSCN2242.jpg

DSCN2241.jpg

Looks great! Are you going to add any atinics or supplemental lighting when its cloudy or if you get long spells of rainy weather?

Looks great! Are you going to add any atinics or supplemental lighting when its cloudy or if you get long spells of rainy weather?

I will be adding a couple Reef Bright Sticks, more for night time viewing, and to bring out some coral color. Cloud cover and the moving sun looks very cool. It's sunny here most of the time.

You could do 3 13 inch (equivalent of 1500 watts 500 watts each) or 2 18 inch (equivalent of 2000 watts 1000 watts each) you can always add a remote control light dimmer, and an evening light kit.

Plus you get a solar tax credit! I can’t wait to get mine from Uncle Sam next year. I’m also adding a few solar panels to power the system(more tax credit) I will only use electric at night and cloudy days.

Looks great! congrats.

You can really see the size of the tank with fish in it; have you experienced high temps because of the solatubes?

Do you think here in Tampa Florida the sun is close enough to grow SPS? Doesn't ORA grow their corals by sun power too? Although they are a tad bit south of us would that make a difference? I really like the idea and use of the Solar tubes. I agree we have lots of sun here and even if it does rain a few days the sun will be back soon. It sure is hot as hell in the summer time but is there anything thats needs to be done for winter for light intensity?

Back