Pics of my new SPS dominated rimless.

Wow, looks real nice dude. Love how there are loads of fishes, but the scaping is still low that they have lots of swimming space. :tumbsup: Wisg I could see it in person lol

I haven't seen this come up in awhile. WOW ! I definitly enjoy your tank. As it looks awesome can't wait to see it with another years growth.

Thanks man, hopefully this tank will still be up in a year. I am getting the urge to upgrade once again as I am pretty much out of room in here.

karls.jpg

kyrpto2.jpg

Tank looks great. If you are still having a bubble algae issue in your tank, place a Naso Tang in there. It will finish off the Valonia in the display. I have one in each of my two reefs, and not a trace of it any more.

Tank looks great. If you are still having a bubble algae issue in your tank, place a Naso Tang in there. It will finish off the Valonia in the display. I have one in each of my two reefs, and not a trace of it any more.

While Naso's may help with Valonia, this tank already has a healthy, well established tang. Why disrupt the stocking dynamics that he has going now? :worried:

Naso's are very active and require at least double the display volume that this tank offers to thrive.

That may be a reasonable option in a larger tank, especially with the right dimensions. In this situation, that is a horrible idea in my honest opinion.

While Naso's may help with Valonia, this tank already has a healthy, well established tang. Why disrupt the stocking dynamics that he has going now? :worried:

Naso's are very active and require at least double the display volume that this tank offers to thrive.

That may be a reasonable option in a larger tank, especially with the right dimensions. In this situation, that is a horrible idea in my honest opinion.

Bud,
Nasos are pretty peaceful tangs. I don't see either of mine arguing with any of the others I have. A small Naso could easily be placed in a tank of that size to rid the tank of Valonia, then removed without any harm to the Naso or other fish when it grows larger. Nasos don't grow fast either. If he has a tang in there already, then it is obviously not eating the Valonia.

A small Naso is a solution for an issue this tank has had for a while.

No need to stomp all over a suggestion that could help the OP. Put your Tang Police Badge back in your pocket.

:eek: sweet Man.. looks freaking killer!!
Thanks D! LMK if you are ever in the area.

I was wondering about that... Any ideas about what dimensions you would be upgrading to? :eek2:
Not sure. It would be nice to not have to build another stand. I was thinking something like 48"x30x22 or something like that, but having some extra length would be nice. In reality upgrading probably wont be feasible for awhile. For now all I can do is dream...or go see Steve if I want to look at a big tank lol

Thanks for the suggestion. Naso tangs are awesome fish with tons of personality. If my tank wasn't already packed to the gills with fish and coral I would possibly entertain the idea, then remove it soon after, as a 97 gallon tank would quickly become to small IMO. For now I'm stuck with manual removal and some stupid emeralds lol.

really nice, good job!
Thanks a lot!:D

Nice tank
Thank you!

Just discovered my Target Mandarin loves spectrum thera A 1mm pellets!! He was a rescue from a LFS and he is now FAT and happy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GxZozG0x8zI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Totally unrelated to the mandarin vid...and back to the valonia. Has anybody had any success with dosing small amounts of hydrogen peroxide to the tank to rid bubble algae? A fellow reefer told me he did this and it worked great but I am skeptical to say the least.

Cool video. My guess is that the mandarin learned from the wrasses... You're stoaked. I bet he'll be with you for a while.

Little update on the tank. Things are doing well and growing in nicely. Battling bubble algae still and have a few corals that could be doing better, but overall I am pleased with the progress.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tv5o2DIemG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some iphone pics:

photo32.jpg

photo43.jpg

photo24.jpg

photo14.jpg

fish132.jpg

fish6.jpg

fish4.jpg

Back