Pics of my new SPS dominated rimless.

Thanks, yeah the bubblegum mille is a stunner, easily one of the nicest corals I own. It has been pretty bullet proof so far, seems to be a fat grower too when happy. That pic is from a few months ago, updated shot soon!

Jake- Thanks again man, pics look great!! I really like the mille madness pic with the dustins deepwater creeping in on the side!

:thumbsup:
:headwallblue:<--- me seeing MM.. :D

Beautiful tank!

Everyone says you can't keep firefish in an open top tank; what's your secret? Obviously you've had these for a while?

This tank is awesome! I can't believe you have the same dimensions I am planning on setting up very soon. I was going to go with 20" height, but otherwise these are exactly what I'm looking for. Also, I am planning on using the exact same lighting fixture.

Any regrets with these dimensions? How is the light spread with the MH fixture? Do you think you get adequate coverage? Thanks and keep posting pics!

Absolutely beautiful tank!! :) :) How does the snipersps bubblegum compare to vivid's tricolor prostrata?

Thanks man:beer: The tricolor is more of a red while the bubblegum is electric pink with brighter blue tips. Both are awesome corals, but for my tank if I had to choose only one, it would be the the bubblegum!

This tank is awesome! I can't believe you have the same dimensions I am planning on setting up very soon. I was going to go with 20" height, but otherwise these are exactly what I'm looking for. Also, I am planning on using the exact same lighting fixture.

Any regrets with these dimensions? How is the light spread with the MH fixture? Do you think you get adequate coverage? Thanks and keep posting pics!

Awesome, I love these dimensions! Couldn't be happier with my xr4 rewired with the m80 ballast. It's a great looking fixture with a beast reflector and relatively no light spill into the room. It's really a great design IMO. I have minimal shadowing in the corners on my 40" long tank with a single pendant. My scape is relatively low in relation to the fixture and I am growing Acropora and bleaching chalice with ease at the very bottom of the tank:). This light is bright; I think you will be very happy!

Beautiful tank!

Everyone says you can't keep firefish in an open top tank; what's your secret? Obviously you've had these for a while?
My secret is I run a clear mesh net haha. Without it I'm sure I would have lost tons of fish already; fire fish included. I hear my fish hit the netting quite often. With 5 fairy wrasse and a pair of helfrichi its a must IMO.

Wow looks great best of luck with it
Thanks!

Thanks man:beer: The tricolor is more of a red while the bubblegum is electric pink with brighter blue tips. Both are awesome corals, but for my tank if I had to choose only one, it would be the the bubblegum!

Thanks for the info! It's so hard to find ppl with real experience with these bad boys. Adam said he has a waiting list on the snipersps :) I better get in line :)

Thanks

Hey there.

Tanks looks great man.

That bbgum just takes off. No joke. Isn't it great when the nice ones actually grow fast. How's the jose doing?

I have to know though , how long have you had the red polyp clath.

I finally got my hands on one. It's a stupid slow grower then I hear?

Great colors bro.bravo
Thanks man!:beer:

Hey there.

Tanks looks great man.

That bbgum just takes off. No joke. Isn't it great when the nice ones actually grow fast. How's the jose doing?

I have to know though , how long have you had the red polyp clath.

I finally got my hands on one. It's a stupid slow grower then I hear?
Thanks bro! The bbgum is insane man, everybody that comes by is amazed by it; it's that nice. These pics are old too, its probably 3x bigger now than in those shots.

I stuck the Jose's in a high light spot and it seems to be on the road to recovery. Great PE now and color is lightning up and gaining some sheen to it so I have hope.

The red polyp is painfully slow growing at first, especially branching growth. I will say that growth has been much faster in this tank than my other setup, and im even seeing quite a bit of branching on mine. I had a guy who works at ATL over the other night and he was in awe as hes never seen the coral throw out any branches what so ever. I got it in late 2010 as a fresh cut. Good luck with yours!

Looking good.. love the bubblegum milli!
Thanks man, me too!!

How high off the surface of the water is your light fixture (the bottom of it)? I'm trying to figure out how much space I will need above the tank...Thanks

Back