Pics of my new SPS dominated rimless.

Its crazy how you can place them so close it makes the tank look so full. Amazing!
Thanks!

I didn't place the corals super close to begin with, they have grown in quite a bit over the last year in the new setup. Scroll back through the older pages to see earlier shots of the tank in it's infancy.

Subscribed! I've got to spend quality time absorbing all you've done here. For there are many paths to success, but few find one. You, however, clearly have. :)

Well done, and I look forward to learning from your efforts. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey. :thumbsup:

Subscribed! I've got to spend quality time absorbing all you've done here. For there are many paths to success, but few find one. You, however, clearly have. :)

Well done, and I look forward to learning from your efforts. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey. :thumbsup:

What a nice compliment; thanks a lot:beer: I'm glad you enjoyed!

Thanks for the tour yesterday.
Your collection is amazing. This tank is so packed full of incredible stuff.
Think I was staring at it for more than two hours yesterday and was still finding nuggets in there I hadn't seen before.

Reef on! :thumbsup:

What a nice compliment; thanks a lot:beer
It was well deserved! But having read the thread today, I'm hungry for more...

What do you feed your corals (beyond 2 part)? Suppliments?
And what do you feed your fish? And how often?

Thanks! Looking to learn... :)

wow

wow

Thanks man, hopefully this tank will still be up in a year. I am getting the urge to upgrade once again as I am pretty much out of room in here.

karls.jpg

kyrpto2.jpg

Love that blue tipped acro where did you score that one that is my favorite.

Thanks for the tour yesterday.
Your collection is amazing. This tank is so packed full of incredible stuff.
Think I was staring at it for more than two hours yesterday and was still finding nuggets in there I hadn't seen before.

Reef on! :thumbsup:

No problem Steve, always enjoy talking reef with you. Glad we tested my tank :D

Thanks again for the filter socks!

It was well deserved! But having read the thread today, I'm hungry for more...

What do you feed your corals (beyond 2 part)? Suppliments?
And what do you feed your fish? And how often?

Thanks! Looking to learn... :)
Thanks again! I dont do anything special really. All I add to the tank is B-ionic 2 part via dosers, regular water changes and heavy fish feeding. I utilize GFO and ROX carbon is separate reactors and change both out frequently.

My fish get fed multiple times a day; usually around 2-3, sometimes more. I feed mostly frozen mysis and spirulina enriched brine shrimp. I also supplement feedings with nutra-mar ova and PE cyclops. For dry food they get spectrum Thera-A 1mm and they all seem to love it!

I believe the key to my success is that I try to keep things as simple as possible. Regular maintenance combined with heavy nutrient import/export practices seems to keep everything pretty happy.

Wow that a year and a half of growth? That's crazy.... I need a micrometer to measure my growth after 2 months...

Great pictures. Beautiful tank! It's apparent you invested a lot in that build. I can imagine the level of care that you invest each week keeping it in such great health. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Wow that a year and a half of growth? That's crazy.... I need a micrometer to measure my growth after 2 months...
Lol thanks! Yeah, the growth has been pretty good in here, it did grow in much faster than I anticipated.

Here are a few growth pics on two corals:

Sniper bubblegum:
Nov 12 2011:
6745646525_77e3085faf_b.jpg

Feb 3 2012:
6944996599_75bc821ac8_b.jpg

30k lokani:
May 2011:
5923597698_11df1426c9_b.jpg

Feb 3 2012:
6944996537_c7123a055b_b.jpg

Great pictures. Beautiful tank! It's apparent you invested a lot in that build. I can imagine the level of care that you invest each week keeping it in such great health. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Thanks a lot man! It is quite a bit of work, but most definitely worth it:D My buddy Jake(klepto) might be taking some updated shots here soon. I will def update the thread when that happens.

Back