Red Bugs at the Diver's Den

You're being too nice giving them the benefit of the doubt based on their old ownership under Foster and Smith. On the first page I copied my email to Drs. Foster and Smith as well as their reply and it seems as though they are taking it pretty lightly. Under the new ownership of PetCo they still continue to post WYSIWYG photos with Red Bugs. Yes bed bugs are easy to eradicate with interceptor treatment but that does not give them an excuse to sell corals with pests at a premium price. Like you said red bugs are pretty easy to eradicate why can't they do that for their customers? It is more time consuming for a hobbyist to go to a vet and have them write a script for interceptor than for Drs. Foster and Smith who also sell Interceptor on their website to do the treatment for us.

This hasnt even been confirmed from my understanding, has anyone received a coral with red bugs from LA? ever? I have yet to see one. yes I will give them the benefit of the doubt. they've treated me very well the last decade. if I've ever had an issue with a specimen I've been imidiately refunded. As to thier response email, the call center is in California. What did you expect? Not only that all I only order fish from LA, thier sps has never really been that great in my opinion. but that's just me.

In my opinion, after any merger a companies reputation needs to be reavaluated by its present actions rather than their past reputation.

This is sad...:(
I haven't ordered anything since I bought my anthias, but now I think I will stick with my local lfs. Specifically now that they are carrying Jason Fox , ORA and some others.

Just wanted to update this, my lfs is not carrying Jason Fox or ORA, not sure why this person told me this but they come from another vendor.

There are pages of posts here, but as asked above has anyone actually gotten a piece to confirm? Or is all this ranting completely based on unfounded speculation generated from a picture?

+ 1 Yes they have been great for me for more then 2 decades but that doesn't mean they haven't changed
Very true.

There are pages of posts here, but as asked above has anyone actually gotten a piece to confirm? Or is all this ranting completely based on unfounded speculation generated from a picture?
Good point. Maybe they dip in Interceptor before shipping out? :hmm2:

The amount of corals I have gotten from "trusted" aquarists and "high end" vendors that have had red bugs or aefw is crazy. You have to treat everything like it's already infected. Even if it's coming from their quarantined aquaculture stuff.
I would like to know how the mariculture and wild stuff they sell looks compared to years ago. The pictures look horrible and I haven't seen as much nice stuff, I actually quite looking. Do they still sell decent quality and healthy stuff? I am not worried about if they have red bugs or not really.

Back