ReefTek Club

I dunno John, it just did. I find when I am dripping close to 50ml a minute, it seems more stable. Just trying to find that equlibrium.

I can't believe my CO2 tank is empty!!! I just got it like a month ago. Damn, maybe I got jipped? But then I don't recall the left regulator ever reading anything. But then again, my bubble count has dropped from 50 BPM to 35 BPM for no apparent reason.......

Just ordered the DP-201-110 pump, won't be in stock till Wednesday or Thursday though. They're gonna ship it USPS priority mail so that should get here in a couple days from the west coast.

That sucks

That sucks

JG1,

Sorry to hear about all your problems... once again the old saying proves its wisdom:

Life is short and hard... like a body building midget.

Hehe. I guess the minijet is just not the way to go to feed the reactor then. Hmmm... I was hoping to siphon feed the baby with some alterations I asked Jorge to make...

We'll have to wait and see I guess. Does anyone have an ehiem 1250 pump on their setup. Let me know how that is working for you because I'd really like to use it on my setup. They are amazing pumps I hear with an almost limitless lifetime... relatively speaking. Plus, I've heard from a number of sources that the mags can leak (although I've also heard that they don't leak for some other people... I'd rather not leave it up to chance I guess)

Peace,
John H.

I don't think the mini jet had anything to do with it, I was using a maxijet 1200 and had the same results.

Another update, 6 days later, 33 ml/min

Scott

Hello all,

I need help dialing in my double chamber. What is everyone who has a double chamber running at:

Drip rate:
Bubble rate:
Setpoint:
Offset:
Hi / Low:

I am currently @ ~50ml and ~30bpm, but I do not know what settings to set my Setpoint etc @. Is the setpoint supposed to be 6.8 so if it goes lower the CO2 will shut off?

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
J-cat

J-cat

*j-cat* said:
Hello all,

I am currently @ ~50ml and ~30bpm, but I do not know what settings to set my Setpoint etc @. Is the setpoint supposed to be 6.8 so if it goes lower the CO2 will shut off?
Thanks for your time

I have my setpoint at 6.7 with an offset of .02. With the "hi" light on, it shuts off the CO2 if the effluent drops below ~6.7. My effluent is around 55 ml/min but my bubble count is close to 60 bpm. My tank alk and ca are really good for the last month straight. This reeffanatic brand controller is fantastic as is the after care that was rendered - TWICE (due to my screwups). The reactor is really helping my SPS along well, now.
HTH,
Tagamet

2nd reactor chamber

2nd reactor chamber

Hey all,

I've got my single chamber on it's way right now. I was thinking about this, and I actually saw this done by someone off the net. You can use those Tap Water filters as a secondary chamber. The second chamber doesn't have to be too large and those things are pretty cheap and I've got like 3 just laying around from back in the day when I just didn't want to waste any water with the RO. If you want a cheap alternative. you should try one of those.

Peace,
John H.

added a reeftek nilson a week or so ago and am quite pleased now with both the reeftek ca/nilson reactors! Now if only jorge made chemical reactors :D

j-cat - IF your effluent PH goes below your setpoint, your solenoid should shut off your CO2. I have my setpoint set to 6.5 or 6.6 So far, it hasn't failed to shut off when dipping below the setpoint. I have my drip rate set to 45 - 48ml a minute and was running 32 BPM. I just bumped it up to 47 BPM tonight, as my tank requirements seem to be asking for more. :)

It has been over a week now, and I have been able to keep my effluent at about 45 - 48 ml a minute. Not sure if it is the JG valve I added at the end that is doing it, but I guess since it seems to work now, I will leave it.

Great info. For some reason on my Double Chamber I have had to bump my BPM up to ~80 BPM. It was at 35-40 BPM for the first few days and my effluent would not drop below 7.14. I bumped it up to 80 BPM last night and right now (24hrs later) it is at 6.85. My set point is 6.7 / high. I have kept my effluent ~50 ml p/m without any reduction in flow rate. It is being supplied by a Mag5 that is dedicated to my CR and Chiller only. I will see what my effluent PH is in the morning.

By the way Jorge has been an immense help the past week answering all of my questions quickly with detailed answers that are very easy to understand. You cant ask for better customer service.

*j-cat* said:
Great info. For some reason on my Double Chamber I have had to bump my BPM up to ~80 BPM. It was at 35-40 BPM for the first few days and my effluent would not drop below 7.14. I bumped it up to 80 BPM last night and right now (24hrs later) it is at 6.85. My set point is 6.7 / high. I have kept my effluent ~50 ml p/m without any reduction in flow rate. It is being supplied by a Mag5 that is dedicated to my CR and Chiller only. I will see what my effluent PH is in the morning.

Glad it's going better. The one bit of info you left out is how's the CA and ALK ??? lol.
Tagamet

Ok Ok Ok, I am all out of wack now. I just tested my CA and ALK along with everything else. ALK is @ 12.8! and my CA is only @ 390. I just tested my BPM=112! and Effluent flow 40ml. This changed rather dramatically over night. I am now seeing signs of a diatom bloom. What DO I DO! Im gonna start with a water change, but should what should I change either my BPM or Flow to? Remember I was having trouble getting my effluent Ph to drop, which it is cool right now @6.82 with my tank PH @ 8.26.

Back