S.t.a.r.s official club website

pnavarro170

S.T.A.R.S PRESIDENT
I wanted to do something for the club as a thank you, and since we live in the internet age i figured i would be important to have a club website. That will be mostly for the purpose of people that are searching for reef clubs in el paso or las cruces that they can find us easier. I will also be making ads randomly on craigslist and posting on facebook for people to find. Anything is better than nothing, and i want every member to be proud of what they are a part of. I know i am, and im sorry but i really was not a fan of the last website anyways. So please let me know what you think and what other info you would like on there. Amazing what can be done in half a day.

ps: i know the domain says el paso, that was done on purpose to get the most people to find it, but i will ad more domains in the future, lascrucesreefclub.com and so forth, the site states several times that the club is for EP LC and surrounding areas. and starsreefclub.com is not available and i didnt want to do southwesttankandreefsociety.com

http://elpasoreefclub.com/home

Last edited:
I like it, it looks professional and will be helpful for people like me. :thumbsup:

Wow!! That is amazing! Really!:beer:

Thanks guys, i have already made craigslist ads in el paso and las cruces, the site has alot of views already, posted it on facebook with those of us who are on there attached. The cool thing is that if you google las cruces reef club or el paso reef club and some other things it pops up on the first page of google already TODAY !!. i added links to the suppliers page also. But only time will tell either way it makes us look pretty legit if you ask me. I really do like the way it came out.

Keep the thoughts on it coming !!!!! :bounce1:

Sorry no way to copy it to send. All the ones handed out at the meeting along with the minutes from the previous meeting were gone when everyone left.
:wave:

Yes i understand that, but they were printed onto paper not by hand so if someone has a copy on their computer they can send me let me know thanks.

thanks steffen, and i guess no one has the bylaws they can email me ?? anyways the site is getting good hits, anything over 10 hits a day is good actually and we are way above that. Hopefully it does its thing. Either way i enjoy looking at it regardless. Any other feedback/ideas are suggestions ???

Okay well i found the bylaws in another thread, so it was added to the website. Im thinking of adding a youtube page, maybe also meetings photo page and as always any ideas of suggestions or feedback is always welcome.

there are almost 700 page views in under 3 weeks, so thats pretty good, im sure 90 percent of it is us, and it will drop off but its very easy for word of mouth advertising now, I know it is for me and any of yall to say hey check out or go to elpasoreefclub.com to see about our club. Its not like we can say hey go to reefcentral and try to find us somehow cuz we all know it aint easy to do.

its no surprise that the contact us page is the least visited page since the whole thing is set up to point people here. then no surprise the next least viewed page is the bylaws and directors pages. the most viewed in order is the home page, members tanks, then area suppliers, then how to join. Still getting good overall views though and i believe it is helping the club. that is all

the page is averaging 300-400 page views a month so far. anything around 300 is pretty good. Will try and add pics from the meetings to its own tab so people could see we aint that scary and are just here to have fun and help one another.

Back