Serpentman's 300g upgrade

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15476479#post15476479 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
So far the tank is running me about $150/mo in electric.

Good info for me.... maybe... I think.... Trying to convince the Fiance that a 300g inwall would be good in the 5 year plan when we want to build a house.

Not sure she is going to like that figure though.

Yeah, I am looking at the overall electrical usage. Although its not a huge saving, it should reduce heat as well.

i've been searching your thread, but can't find it anywhere...

what size chiller are you running?

I'm gathering all the pieces to setup this same exact tank and i'm trying to figure that part out.

also, do you with you had 400's, or are you content with the 250's?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15476831#post15476831 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JamesAOL
i've been searching your thread, but can't find it anywhere...

what size chiller are you running?

I'm gathering all the pieces to setup this same exact tank and i'm trying to figure that part out.

also, do you with you had 400's, or are you content with the 250's?

James, as Thinslis and Disco mentioned, the local climate here is pretty cool so there is no need for a chiller. All my cooling is done via fans. Our summers are pretty mild with only a handful of days over 90F on which I run my A/C. Winters are downright brutal, especially where I live (100-120" of snow annually). For the record, its 69F and sunny and no snow on the ground, lol!

Referencing the lights, I have had really strong PAR values with my 250's so I think 400's would have been overkill. Although I love the bulbs I am using, the reflectors have a lot to do with it too.

These are the days I wish I had open vacation days so I could take the afternoon off for a nice ride on the bike.... need to figure out how to get Frags from SC to home on the bike =)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15476898#post15476898 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DiscoReefRover
Its snowing right now!!!LOL i was just in fairport on a JOB int.

Liar. But that was funny. :lol:

Took some pics this afternoon:

Got a couple of decent pics of baby ONYX clowns from Sean (Disco)
DSCF8710.jpg

DSCF8715.jpg

DSCF8737.jpg

DSCF8744.jpg

DSCF8726.jpg

Is the Soli in one of those pics? If so, looks like it's starting to color up. Nice shots of the clownfish. Glad to see the little guys hanging in there with all the big fish.

Back