Serpentman's 300g upgrade

Those clowns are so cute and tiny! In the second shot, it looks like the RBTA may be able to sting the M. capricornis. You might want to do something to prevent that.

Nice pictures. That last image (purple coral) makes me want a frag. :p

Is that a new LE ...the Brown Monster ......lmao ........( Kinda like I was yesterday for a few hours while i listen to a certain podcast ...alll I have to Say that one is Priceless ....Great Job !!)

Yeah, it is a sad little guy. Maybe I should rip it from the angled tank and move it into my reef. Do you guys keep yours down low in the tank?

Thanks. :D

Jeffs is pretty much on the sandbed in his tank and seems to be Growing nicely <<<<<<Im not fortunate enough to have one of those nice corals .....lol

Jeff ...you wanted some traffic on your thread ........LOL

Is the Soli in one of those pics? If so, looks like it's starting to color up. Nice shots of the clownfish. Glad to see the little guys hanging in there with all the big fish.

Yeah, its the soli. It looks really cool as of late. Its completely encrusted in to where I have it which is nice. It kept falling over in the other tank.

The clowns are doing awesome. They are being housed in a 30g cube plumbed into the system. As soon as they are big enough, I plan to pull the clarkii's and put them in.

Those clowns are so cute and tiny! In the second shot, it looks like the RBTA may be able to sting the M. capricornis. You might want to do something to prevent that. Nice pictures. That last image (purple coral) makes me want a frag.

They are cute and growing fast. Yeah, thats an RBTA in there. The clowns have just started hosting. Not too worried about it stinging the cap though. Honestly, that coral is indestructible (knock on wood). Its been stung, broken, flipped and even grown under a 40W NO bulb.

The purple coral is a purple monster. Here's a pic of it a year ago:

comp91.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15479918#post15479918 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DiscoReefRover
Jeffs is pretty much on the sandbed in his tank and seems to be Growing nicely <<<<<<Im not fortunate enough to have one of those nice corals .....lol

Jeff ...you wanted some traffic on your thread ........LOL

I am liking the traffic. Figures I was away from my computer! :lol:

Marc, yes, I keep it right on the sand bed. Its directly under one of my halides. When I measured the PAR it was in the 325-50 range.

Nice, I thought that was the Purple Monster. That and the Pink Lemonade are at the top of my "most wanted" list.

I mentioned the Soli, because I've seen a lot of pics that show it with the gray/blue/purple coloration, but have yet to see one in person that has it. Maybe the coral needs to get to a certain size before it really pops? Regardless, that's one sweet piece! My frag is still encrusting like crazy.

It might have something to do with my recent husbandry changes. I have become religious about water changes since the upgrade too....

Both the soli and monster have really responded well. The purple monster just started branching in the old tank. The branches really started taking off though since the move... and the color, wow.

If yours is still encrusting my guess is its working on developing a wide base.

Water changes... WHAT!?!?! :eek2:

I thought you were one of the less is more guys... j/k :lol:

Yeah, the Soli, and my Red Planet have just been encrusting like crazy for the past few months. The Soli has now actually grown right up against my Sunset Monti, so I'm keeping an eye on the two, and hopefully they'll keep playing nice with one another.

Honestly I was until I saw the PE on my corals just following the upgrade which represented a 100% water change. You could almost hear bells chiming they were so happy. So now I do 40g (8%) per week.

It'll be interesting to see how the soli and sunset react. The soli accidentally fell on a cap in the old tank and destroyed it so my guess is it will hold its own.

I picked up a small frag of the red planet a couple of months ago. Its been encrusting also. Interested to see what it does.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15481115#post15481115 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty
Water changes... WHAT!?!?! :eek2:

I thought you were one of the less is more guys... j/k :lol:

Yeah, the Soli, and my Red Planet have just been encrusting like crazy for the past few months. The Soli has now actually grown right up against my Sunset Monti, so I'm keeping an eye on the two, and hopefully they'll keep playing nice with one another.

I to have turned to the Darkside of weekly water changes :eek1: :rollface:

I just changed some water tonight. I can't wait to see my reef go nuts with excitement. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15481163#post15481163 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
Honestly I was until I saw the PE on my corals just following the upgrade which represented a 100% water change. You could almost hear bells chiming they were so happy. So now I do 40g (8%) per week.

I guess thats the good thing about a small setup like mine for now. I do 5g per week (10%).

Jeff those zoas are doing killer in your setup, those new ones are very pretty as well.

I wonder if you will have enough room for a clone H. Mag onces mine splits/buds?

The 40g sounds like a lot but it really isn't bad. I definitely have to improve my process though. Lugging buckets is getting old. I use a 44g Brute on wheels for my make up water. Guess I will have to invest in a second one for my dirty water.

Jeff those zoas are doing killer in your setup, those new ones are very pretty as well. I wonder if you will have enough room for a clone H. Mag onces mine splits/buds?

They really are. They are starting to spread too. I am so jacked, its been at least 4 years since I could keep zoos alive. The coral beauty just loved them.

I would definitely find room for a Magnifica Tony! I am wondering if I could pull off 2 species of clowns in the tank?

I got some killer zoas in if you up to trading.

I think you would be fine, I know clarkis love mag as well. If they fight just take them out. I first need to get the mag to split/bud,ts getting huge because I feed it so much but it is very pretty you need to come see it.

Definitely would like to come by and check it out.

Always up for trades :D Also, next time you come over, I have some SPS frags for you....

I ended up ditching my Marineland Stealth heaters after I found they were leaking current like crazy. I was getting zapped in every tank. I went with the Sunlight Supply Aqua Heat titanium heaters. We'll see how they work.

Ironically, its Aug 6 and they have been running all night.....

DSCF8790.jpg

Back