Serpentman's 300g upgrade

what type of lighting and kelvin rating are you using?

On the main display, I have the following:

3 x 250W Reeflux 20K MH's
2 x VHO Actinics
4 x VHO 454 Bulbs

On my next bulb rotations, I will probably switch from the 20K's to Reeflux 12K or Pheonix 14K's

Really like the videos, you can experience the depth of the tank much more then looking at photo's :)
Personally, I really like the Phoenix bulbs. Nice blue-white light and a long life. Reeflux bulbs are a bit better affordable but burn out a lot faster.

Leonardo

Really like the videos, you can experience the depth of the tank much more then looking at photo's :)
Personally, I really like the Phoenix bulbs. Nice blue-white light and a long life. Reeflux bulbs are a bit better affordable but burn out a lot faster.

Leonardo

Thanks Leonardo!

I completely agree. I am actually disappointed in the performance of the Reeflux bulbs. The PAR is still phenomenal. However, they color shifted very early (~3-4mos) from a crisp blue/white to a hint a of yellow. IMO, this was waaay too early.

I agree, I haven't had good experiences with Reeflux either. So I switched back to the bulbs I like for a very long time.
I think Phoenix bulbs are the best if you look at cost-lifespan and the best compromise between PAR and color.

Leonardo

Feel free to steal away! I would like to say that this is my first tank. However, years of experience and learning from the many mistakes along the way went into its design.

Lets see a pic of that 75!
i started some albums in my profile its not the best thats for sure after i set up my next one i will put this one down in my basement and it will only be a softy tank

Yeah, it seems to be happy. It's stayin' put where it is and expanding pretty big. Fed it last week with no issues. Would look really cool in the main display.

aeontrue, just FYI - images aren't permitted in our signature lines, which is why yours does not show up.

its been a while since ive checked in on your build truly amazing! its my motivation on my 46 bow front build which still has a ways to go...funds are low..but if i have anything close to this in color variety i will be happy and the aquascape is perfect

its been a while since ive checked in on your build truly amazing! its my motivation on my 46 bow front build which still has a ways to go...funds are low..but if i have anything close to this in color variety i will be happy and the aquascape is perfect

Thanks Slick! It's taking me a while to get here, however I am pretty happy with the way things are headed (knocking on wood, lol).

On the main display, I have the following:

3 x 250W Reeflux 20K MH's
2 x VHO Actinics
4 x VHO 454 Bulbs

On my next bulb rotations, I will probably switch from the 20K's to Reeflux 12K or Pheonix 14K's

what reflectors are you using? Also, what's the wattage on your supplemental lighting? Any plans on going up to 400w in the future?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys!

what reflectors are you using? Also, what's the wattage on your supplemental lighting? Any plans on going up to 400w in the future?

Keep up the good work!

I am using Lumen Brite Mini reflectors. The VHO's are 140W x 6

The VHOs are really more for color and to improve PAR along the front and back. I don't have any plans to move to 400w. I would like to upgrade to reflectors to the lumen max elites eventually to get more spread. At that point, I will probably remove one set of VHOs.

From one 300 DD owner to another yours is very nice! I like the fish room and frag system. Great Job on all of your hard work and success!

Yes we do it is titled Our 300 gallon Marineland DD. I still am really impressed on the way your has progressed! I only could wish for a fish room like that, The wife said she did not want this invading her entire house! LMAO

Back