Serpentman's 300g upgrade

Thanks Northside, 6 kids sounds like a handful! And I thought three was rough! It took some convincing with the wife. Somehow it will probably end up costing me, lol

Hey Sagi, thanks for the compliments.

Another update, busted my rear today and got a coat of color on the walls. It doesn't translate in the pics but its a blue/gray.

DSCF7927.jpg

Was also feeling ambitious so I put the floor in tonight as well.

DSCF7930.jpg

DSCF7932.jpg

Oh, and since tomorrow's my B-day, my wife offered to take me to Salty Critter (our local reef shop). Like a kid in a candy store....

We'll see how generous she's going to be..... and what she wants for mother's day.

Things on the list I want/need:

Heaters
VHO bulbs
New MH bulbs
2nd Skimmer
New Reflectors
More Tunze's

Probably be practical and get new bulbs :(

GREAT PROGRESS! the fish room is really turning out nicely. After seeing your progress and visiting my local reefers, my next tank/house will house a fish room. Great work!!

Unfortunately, I know what she wants as well. Makes the $ I dropped in this whole tank project seem like chump change.

Thanks Padrino, I've been dreaming about this for many years.

I moved the tank racks in. Suddenly the room is shrinking....

DSCF7939.jpg

DSCF7936.jpg

Would love to. However, the thought of taking a jackhammer to my floor for the drain freaked me out. There will be a slop sink in the next room when all is said and done.

Thanks Marc, getting close.

LOL Sean, now that's funny.

Went to Salty today. I came within a hair of firing the bullet on 2 6105s but resisted. Ronni wasn't much help, she kept egging me on to get them. Gonna list my tank for sale later today and try to raise more $. I ended up picking up new bulbs and some heaters. Not fun stuff but badly needed.

Decided to go with three 250w Reeflux 20K bulbs this time around.

I think the price is ~320 or 330/pc. Definitely going to get a pair. However, since the tank doesn't have water in it yet, just didn't want to drop the dough just yet.

Thanks TJ! The glass for my baffles will be done on Monday so when I get back into town I'll be completing the sump. At that point, I should be ready to start plumbing.

Looking good. What kind of flooring did you put down in your fish room? Thanks for giving me some good ideas for my future 300 build.

Back