Show off your Ritteri (H. magnifica)

Rescued these from another tank about 2 weeks ago. Guy that had them said he never did water changes or tested his water.

That first one is a really nice color. Looks a tad droopy though so keep an eye on it. It is interesting what you read versus actual experience. I've been keeping Mags for a long time, and while they can be a real pain to get to acclimate, once they do I find them to be quite hardy - and less sensitive to water quality than even soft corals.

OK so I have some new video I forgot to put in here.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PiLJsgFCOaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iMMnpDPU6aI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats a stunning frogspawn you have there in the foreground, and of course the mag...

Thanks... That is not even a full picture of it. I have some around on my build thread in the large tank section. "worms 180 build" or something like that.. hahahaha

New one of mine

IMAG0787.jpg

IMAG0736.jpg

That first one is a really nice color. Looks a tad droopy though so keep an eye on it. It is interesting what you read versus actual experience. I've been keeping Mags for a long time, and while they can be a real pain to get to acclimate, once they do I find them to be quite hardy - and less sensitive to water quality than even soft corals.

Thanks ill keep an eye on it those pics where only a few days after placing them in my tank

A friend on here (RC) wanted to see my Ritteri actually eat. He has one but wanted to see the process to see if his is 'normal' too. These are NOT in timelapse, but actually a full 30 minutes in two videos. Both in HD, but color is slightly off due to the blues.

Here are two video's. They both have music applied to them, so you do not hear me on the phone or the apex beeping away.

Honestly it is best to watch it in FULL SCREEN and in HD, give it some time to buffer.

I started recording then worked on getting the shrimp out of the glass I had it thawing in. Had some problems but I finally got it in and to the Ritteri. I let it float down this time, normally I have it on the turkey baster and hold onto it and pull against it, to make the Ritteri think it just caught something.

OK here is Part I

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QiNQfTjDfnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part II

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5HE4oAzN5rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thoughts?

Great looking nems everyone!!! Hmmm seems like these guys are fairly hard to find though, after seeing all of your pics it makes me really want to find one of these nems!!!

It is a club with secret hand shake and everything. Even a separate door for us to enter.

If I even tell you about any of this they will kick me out.

Even though you are going to pay higher in a LFS, the convenience and ability to see what you are getting, CAN, outweigh the cost.

Personally there are a few RC Sponsors (seen up in the top) that have some.

Look up sri lanka version.

It is a club with secret hand shake and everything. Even a separate door for us to enter.

If I even tell you about any of this they will kick me out.

Even though you are going to pay higher in a LFS, the convenience and ability to see what you are getting, CAN, outweigh the cost.

Personally there are a few RC Sponsors (seen up in the top) that have some.

Look up sri lanka version.

Thanks for the info! Hope they don't kick you out of the club for sharing:lmao:So i guess I'll actually have to buy one and post pics before they show me the separate door and secret handshake?

Will check out some of the LFS, I think that I may have seen a purple base one at one of them before... The whole seeing what you are getting makes a lot of sense especially since getting these guys off to a good start seems so important.

Yes, Getting off on the correct foot is best, from the very start, with them.

LiveAquaria - a sponsor here, has a good notification method when they come back in stock, most that I have heard about have a good survival rate too.

Yes, Getting off on the correct foot is best, from the very start, with them.

LiveAquaria - a sponsor here, has a good notification method when they come back in stock, most that I have heard about have a good survival rate too.

Thats where I got the one that I posted earlier.

Cool, thanks for the info. I just signed up for an e-mail notification from live aquaria if they get any. None in any of the LFS....

Wow wow wow looks like ill be getting another one in a couple months after looking through this thread!

Nice what size tank and all do you have?

Cool, thanks for the info. I just signed up for an e-mail notification from live aquaria if they get any. None in any of the LFS....

Good. Are you ready for it when it comes? The turnaround time for them is quick, when they notify you.

by far my favorite Mag placement I have yet seen..... hopefully he has enough room to spread the foot and column down as it grows... beautiful tentacle color, and once again, placement is awesome... Can we get w FTS maybe? Now you have me intrigued.

Back