Would you give the Hobby up ...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14505626#post14505626 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by justinpsmith
Yeah I would be happy to only keep softies although I prefer a mixed reef. Long as I get to keep fish though, I am happy. Corals are just decoration to me :)

Thats funny! I'm the opposite... I think fish are just janitors in my tank. I just want wrasses for the AEFW and Tangs for the algae..

Some of my favorite corals are softies in fact. I've got a very large Tyree green sarco that I love. I know I could frag it and make a few bux but its just soo pretty I can't bring myself to do it. I've also got a few others that I really like and can't bring myself to get rid of them..

I also like the Dendronephthea's as well but I don't have any. There are a lot of BEAUTIFUL softies out there. I'd have to say I'd keep on!!

Chris

If I couldn't keep SPS, I probably wouldn't have started up again after I broke down and sold everything from the first one during a move.

For me, its about having a tank. I have one on my leg for that matter. ;) Doesnt have to be SPS, just has to be wet.

no sps=no tank

U give it up but its like women and money they always lure you back.
U try to start a simple softie tank and unequivocally end up with the typical suspects SPS!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14505477#post14505477 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
I might keep a small tank with LPS an anemones but would sell most of my stuff if I coulden't have sps.

I'm with the Green Bastard on this one. I'd definitely scale my reef back big time. Perhaps a low energy 75. But I'm sure my interest would trail off significantly. Fish-shmish :thumbdown

If i couldn't keep SPS anymore I wouldn't care since my interest have shifted to LPS anyway so to answer your question, NO Way!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14505322#post14505322 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
If I could not keep SPS, I would not have a tank :(

Is there anything else?

Kinda like saying if you love vodka and couldn't drink vodka would drink something else. Some would but most would simply quit drinking. I quit drinking to keep SPS and I'm still broke........:beer:

i'm currently going through a similar situation.

all of my acros are dead/dying slowly over the last year. no clue as to the cause....seems like I have looked for everything and tried everything........very disheartening to say the least to watch these things die off that I grew out from small frags.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about tearing my tank down due to not having any acros.

But realistically, my tank is at the point where I'm not doing any work on it or spending much on it anyways. I think I'm content to letting all my acros die, and then just having a very simple tank full monti's, stylo's and birdsnests.

Once this disease has run its course, I will probably go with only 1 or 2 stags and thats it. and just a few other sps colonies, as well as lps and softies.

I just want to keep a simple tank, with a few large colonies rather than have a tank full of tiny frags for years while trying to start all over again.

Who knows....maybe this is a good thing. lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14510613#post14510613 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by orangekush4
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. To say I would never have a tank if I can't have SPS.

Buy some bad pot today?:smokin:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14508218#post14508218 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Capt_Cully
I'm with the Green Bastard on this one. I'd definitely scale my reef back big time. Perhaps a low energy 75. But I'm sure my interest would trail off significantly. Fish-shmish :thumbdown

I hardly have fish anymore, a few cardinals and my clowns, "I Pity the fool that don't keep SPS"

If I could not have SPS I would do a way larger FOWLR. There are so many fish that I want to keep but that pick on (or potentially pick on ) SPS so I'd do the fish I've always wanted

Lunchbucket

I would redirect my interest to mostly LPS and some softies. I'm starting to love those chalices!!

My life would be so much simpler : )

Back