ASM Skimmer Club!

There are online vendors that still sell asm skimmrs.I believe the people that make the octopus skimmers originally made the asm's.I may be wrong though on who originally made them.I do know that asmskimmer.com stop selling them though..

I just bought an ASM G-2 about 6 weeks ago, and it did not come with a manual. The only thing it cam with was one sheet of paper with a crappy diagram. Not much help. It left alot to be desired. Now if your the type of person that doesn't read any of the instructions ever, its perfect. I was very disapointed and wish there was more info provided with the product.

127 pages (thats as far back as it will let me go) of reading. You need ALOT of patience, time and desire to wade through that much chit chat to find a few simple details. I wasn't asking for a leather bound book, just something to properly instruct me on how to put it together and how to operate it. Just my opinion. I just felt like I wanted to put that out there for people that may be reading this thread that are considering buying ASM. I'm not trying to bash, just stating the experience I had.

Apparently there's no way to reach ASM for support of any kind.

I'm going to stickl with Aquac/Octopus/Euroreef etc in the future!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12855249#post12855249 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by creativesmurf
Apparently there's no way to reach ASM for support of any kind.

I'm going to stickl with Aquac/Octopus/Euroreef etc in the future!

Here is their website: http://www.allseasmarineinc.com/home.asp

Here is their contact info too:
ALL SEAS MARINE INC.
1205 Knox Street, Torrance, CA 90502
PHONE: (310) 532 7769
FAX: (310) 324 1550

Accounting:
Live Stock:
Dry Goods:
Tech Support: RITA
DELMY
SOLI
MIMMO/FRANK
TED or EDWIN

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12854940#post12854940 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FabRight
127 pages (thats as far back as it will let me go) of reading. You need ALOT of patience, time and desire to wade through that much chit chat to find a few simple details. I wasn't asking for a leather bound book, just something to properly instruct me on how to put it together and how to operate it. Just my opinion. I just felt like I wanted to put that out there for people that may be reading this thread that are considering buying ASM. I'm not trying to bash, just stating the experience I had.

I forgot to put the smiley face at the end of that sentence.Personally I read the whole thread,but I wouldnt really expect anyone to do that and I wouldnt recommend it either.If you need instructions,try and find some for a euro reef or similair skimmer.

This isnt directed at you but some members have to realize that this thread would'nt be a 1/4 of the length it is,if people just read some of it.You wouldnt believe how many people have asked the same exact questions over & over just because they didnt want to read the thread.

Heres a few questions that have been asked at least 50 times each.

How do I recirc my asm skimmer.
How do I do the gate valve mod on my asm skimmer.
How do I mesh mod my asm skimmer.
What water level depth works best for my asm skimmer.

What's even worse, is reading through 127 pages of people asking the same questions, & the thread police pulling them over for it repeatedly, while never actually giving an answer...

Or reading through 127 pages, searching for info about the Mini-G, for instance, & seeing the question ignored. Over & over.

Or better yet, realizing that the thread doesn't actually link you back to very beginning of itself, but starts somewhere well after the beginning.

Kill em with kindness, I always say, don't add to the negativity, be a part of the solution.

Copy/paste the answers if you live in this thread or part of the forum. Don't repeat the questions, you'll offend yourself. :p

My sedra 2500 for my G1 died on me. I want to replace the pump so that my skimmer will work again.

Is the sedra 2500 the only option for me to replace it with? Is there some other pump that would work for sure? I don't want to be the guinea pig on this.

I just got a used G3 with a gate valve mod already on it. I am going to do the recirc mod definitely. I want to feed it from my HOB overflow. I will put a valve on the line for servicing, but will I need to regulate the flow going into the skimmer? Everything I have read so far tells me that having the skimmer fed from the overflow is the most efficient way to skim the gunk out. I have a CL ss125 (don't laugh I got it for free) now on my 75gal so I am guessing anything will be a drastic improvement.

I was given a ASM-G4X, it's missing the entire pump assembly. What's left is just a hole drilled on the cylinder. What are the parts I would need to get this skimmer working?

DSC02424.jpg

I was told that it was an ASM skimmer but now I did a little search and seems like it is not. This skimmer looks more similar to Euro-Reef's skimmers. I no longer belongs to this club then. I'm still quite new to the hobby, does anyone know the exact brand and model of this skimmer? Is there suppose to be a fitting on the drilled hole? What size pump do I need for this skimmer? The skimmer measures 30" tall with the collection cup, body is 8". Here are a few closer pics.

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

hmoob: that is a euro reef cs8-3. I have that exact same euro reef. it's suppose to come with a sedra 5000, but if I were you, I'd get an eheim either 1262 or 1260 and get the needlewheel propeller for it/ do the mesh mod. I have my 8-3 as a recirculating feeding from my overflow. and I added the mesh to my needle wheel, I kept the needles, just added mesh on top..... what a difference!!!!

Hey guys, just got my G4X in a couple weeks ago and have a couple of questions.

First off, my air suction line is quite loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Is there any way to quiet it down?

Secondly, I have a sedra 15000 pump instead of the 9000. Is it worth having the bigger pump and how many GPH is it?

Back