AV99's custom 600g Reef Savvy on site build-Lots of pictures

Thanks for following along and jealous of your location my friend Lol. St. Armands Circle, Long Boat Key, Lido Key and Siesta Key beach! We love Sarasota!!!!!

Agree 100%. The west coast of Florida is wonderful.

Your build is inspirational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in love.....what a great build. Perfect choices on your equipment. I wouldn't change a thing in my dream tank. Those battery back ups are essential. I have 3 myself on my 2 systems and they are priceless.
RD made great skimmers. I have an H&S that is similar. That RD is awesome. Recirc too...heck yea! Nice work. I am following.

Gorgeous setup! The colors on your sps are amazing! What method of filtration are you currently running on that system? Also why the Ushio's opposed to the ever so popular Radiums? Just color pref or more technical than that?

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks for the compliments and glad to see another equipment fan out there...I believe H&S was the inspiration for the Euroreef AKA Reef Dynamics skimmers too. :thumbsup:

I am in love.....what a great build. Perfect choices on your equipment. I wouldn't change a thing in my dream tank. Those battery back ups are essential. I have 3 myself on my 2 systems and they are priceless.
RD made great skimmers. I have an H&S that is similar. That RD is awesome. Recirc too...heck yea! Nice work. I am following.

Thanks, Adam. For whatever reason, I always liked the results from Ushio bulbs the best and since I run electronic ballasts, the Radiums do not work for me...literally. They will not fire up with my ballasts....I tried before. I think they require a different type of ballast and run too blue for my tastes.

Gorgeous setup! The colors on your sps are amazing! What method of filtration are you currently running on that system? Also why the Ushio's opposed to the ever so popular Radiums? Just color pref or more technical than that?

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited:
Updates?????
Can you post a full screen shot of your current tank?

I get asked this question a lot and when you shut down a very successful 400g SPS system and move to a new house, you need a large landing pad for transition while your dream 600g tank (1,000g + total water volume system) is being built on site.

This is the other side of my basement, featuring 99.99% acropora sticks collected from all around our planet growing out in pristine SPS conditions right here in O-H-I-O. I am addicted to the colorful sticks. Hardcore and very passionate hobbyist. I feel bad about keeping some of my prized fish in a smaller grow-out system over the past few years during construction of my new system, but they should have a much larger home soon, when my dream system is finally complete.

compressedgrowout12.jpeg

compressedgrowout33.jpeg

compressedgrowout4.jpeg

compressedgrowout65.jpeg

compressedgrowout211.jpeg

Last edited:
This is probably not good advice for newer hobbyists, but I have been keeping SPS for well over a decade and have not tested my water parameters in a long, long time, except for Alkalinity (around 9 dKH) & Specific Gravity (1.025). I closely observe the corals daily to monitor my system and can tell immediately if something is wrong.

Tim what parameters do you keep your holding system at? [emoji3]

What are some of the signs that corals give you? PE color or other examples?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a few very sensitive corals in my system that serve as good lookouts....the first signs of any minor bleaching or color change in these corals would indicate a system problem.

What are some of the signs that corals give you? PE color or other examples?

Speaking of color and polyp extension, here are a few recent pictures I photographed from my grow-out system. Enjoy!

AV99's Rogue Envy

b45AV99RogueEnvy2017.jpg

Reef Raft Skittles

RRSkittles2017.jpg

ORA Pearl Berry

Pearlberry2017.jpg

Upscales Microclados

UpscalesMicrocladis2.jpg

Oregon Blue Tort

e7eOregonTort2017.jpg

Jason Fox Beach Bum

JFBeachBum2017.jpg