Calistyle's 75G Tank Build

Hey Brent, I'm look to add some SPS, I don't have a ton to spend, but do have JBs I can swap.

Not in this tank. hah. But he does do a good job keep the tank clean. I have him and maybe 3 crabs, 3 snails.

Your dumb lol that is a sand sifting star. Like how I get no credit on any of my, I mean your builds [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Struggle is real

Ich wiped out my fish stock. I'm down to a single Domino clown. OG from day one of old Solana.

Bryopsis Sneaked in on a frag. Doing maintenance WC, siphoning out algae, mistook bryopsis for something else. Spread like wild fire.

I'm attempting Tech-M, but Bryopsis is the reason I took down old Solana and chopped up colonies of SPS. I'm going to fight this battle until Sept/Oct. If things don't turn around, I'm shutting it down and getting an Aquarium screensaver.

There's a large thread on the other forum I think where they're using fluconazole or something like that to battle bryopsis and it wipes it out without side effects at all. Check it out

There's a large thread on the other forum I think where they're using fluconazole or something like that to battle bryopsis and it wipes it out without side effects at all. Check it out

Doing the fluconazole treatment right now in the tank on the recommendation of Stephen (pa1ntbru5h). I'm on day 3 and it's starting to kill off some of the bryopsis already. Keeping fingers crossed that will be all cleared by 14-15th day.

:inlove:

Doing the fluconazole treatment right now in the tank on the recommendation of Stephen (pa1ntbru5h). I'm on day 3 and it's starting to kill off some of the bryopsis already. Keeping fingers crossed that will be all cleared by 14-15th day.

:beer:

just bought 100 capsules. Very excited for this chance to stay in the game.

Vu, did you give me bryopsis? If so, I need to send you an invoice.

Interested in how it works out for you Vu.

Looking good so far. Will keep you guys posted. I was a little nervous about doing it in a mostly acro tank but corals still looking good. Knock on wood lol

just bought 100 capsules. Very excited for this chance to stay in the game.

Vu, did you give me bryopsis? If so, I need to send you an invoice.

Hahahahahhaa! Keep your tank running and I'll cut you some frags. Bryopsis and aiptasia for free!!!

I used 5 200mg capsules in a 75 gallon-ish total volume. Slightly less than the recommended amount but it seems to be working.

haha deal.

Do you have a thread with the way to do this treatment?

1 capsule for every 10G, every day? how long? wc/carbon/gfo/skimmer/etc

You do just one treatment and let it ride. EDIT Turn off the carbon and leave the skimmer on. It got rid of my Bryopsis and my GHA.

Last edited:
haha deal.

Do you have a thread with the way to do this treatment?

1 capsule for every 10G, every day? how long? wc/carbon/gfo/skimmer/etc

I did 5 capsules for around 75 gallon so a little less than recommended amount. Pretty easy process...Just remove capsules to get the powder content inside. Then mix with some tank water and dump the whole thing in front of a powerhead or high flow area. I took out the carbon bags and turned off skimmer for the first few days because I didn't want to risk overflowing and making a huge mess. So far so good. Can see bryopsis melting away now.

Oops, I thought i needed to dose daily...I bought WAY too much.

We need a thread on this stuff alone. Imagine a bryopsis free socal! Do you know how many times I've passed on corals (trade/retail) due to bryopsis.

First off, thank you Rik and Vu for the Bryopsis treatment. It's worked great.

I ran fluconazole for about 6 weeks. 2 weeks w/o any media and skimmer off (only had one fish at this time). Then I did a water change and added fluconazole to that weekly. Each WC I siphoned out algae.

Now that the tank is in decent order, I've added a nice amount of SPS frags (Thx Vu, Cory) and I'm in the process of getting a calcium reactor online.

Here's an updated pic, I'll get some more once reactor is online and give the SPS some time to grow.

SZzBwjx.jpg

Goodness. Jawbreaker heaven on the tank floor when they spread all over the place. Who needs sand when you have JBs.

Goodness. Jawbreaker heaven on the tank floor when they spread all over the place. Who needs sand when you have JBs.

Since going BB, I've had some Nassarius Snails I brought over from old tank. I was OG going to get ride of them w/ my star, but once one decided to add a JB to his shell, I decided he can stay. Going on a year in new tank.

His name is NasBreaker.

91D9zAz.png

Since going BB, I've had some Nassarius Snails I brought over from old tank. I was OG going to get ride of them w/ my star, but once one decided to add a JB to his shell, I decided he can stay. Going on a year in new tank.

His name is NasBreaker.

91D9zAz.png

Talk about baller snail. :lmao:

Back