Campbell's 120x36x30 In-Wall FOWLR

Update 4/14/10

Update 4/14/10

Well...the aquascaping is almost done...I have a couple of more rocks to add, but it is pretty close to what I want it to look like...and the RO/DI unit is officially starting the fill from the bottom up...I figure it will take 3-4 days :)

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Very nice Chris. I love it when a tank can take the time to go through and aquascape when its dry and can get it right :thumbsup:

Gorgeous tank, I love the rockwork. Can you tell me what you used to glue/cement the liverock together? Also can you explain baked and bleached liverock? Thanks.

Very nice! I can't wait to see the fish in there!
Thanks!

Love the aquascaping Chris! Now a few sticks and it will be complete :D.
Just a "few" Brian? LOL...yeah the tank is filling up with saltwater as we speak...

Very nice Chris. I love it when a tank can take the time to go through and aquascape when its dry and can get it right :thumbsup:
Thanks Mark! I have been pretty anal about the whole aquascaping thing...many an hour sitting in the tank getting it just right...

It looks great chris!!!
Thanks Ryan!

Rock works looks great!
Thanks S.Reef!

Gorgeous tank, I love the rockwork. Can you tell me what you used to glue/cement the liverock together? Also can you explain baked and bleached liverock? Thanks.

Hi Tracey...thanks! I used epoxy called Waterweld to connect the rock. I let each base piece cure for 24 hours before building on top of it for structural integrity.

At one time in the last year all this rock (over 500 pounds of it) was premium live rock with coraline all over it. I decided a couple of months ago that i wanted to start from scratch...I didnt want any crazy things in the tank that were from somewhere else. So I left all the rock that is white in a 50% bleach bath for 2 weeks each....they are gleaming. I dont bake my LR because I like my ovens and my wife would kill me if I ruined her double stainless steel ovens ;)

So is it full yet???

LOL!!! Yup it is full after 4 days of RO/DI!!!! I have added in 700g of OceanPure salt mix. I pulled out 2 baffles from the second 125 due to the fact that the pump pulls SOOOO much water.

I made some changes to the rocks and am getting ready to put in the 300#s of reef grade argonite.

Pictures to come tonight.

wow ur tank look so nice ...got some Q's for ya ...
how thick is the arcylic? and how much is it weight?
i've been thinking to get a 96"Lx48"Wx30"H in the future , i know arcylic is much lighter than glass but if i got 1" or more all around it will ad up the weight too , and im not gonna have much help to get it in the house .so i was curious how much is ur weight

LOL!!! Yup it is full after 4 days of RO/DI!!!! I have added in 700g of OceanPure salt mix. I pulled out 2 baffles from the second 125 due to the fact that the pump pulls SOOOO much water.

I made some changes to the rocks and am getting ready to put in the 300#s of reef grade argonite.

Pictures to come tonight.

Dont make me.......too late. Shenanigans!

album2.jpg

It is worth it to be subscribed to this just for the shenanigans. Especially when Chris constantly lies with comments like this. "Pictures to come tonight."

One day late...I had to deal with a fluke death of my new bandit...somehow my pump died overnight and woke to a dead 2" bandit!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH.

Anyway...here are some picture of the rearranged rockwork...let me know if you like this better than the first.

P1010015.jpg

P1010017-3.jpg

P1010018-2.jpg

Damn!!! That sucks (about the Bandit!) You think just because of the lack of oxygen?

The tank and rock looks great though!!!

Sorry about your baby bandit Chris. That thing was dope...

Update pics of the Blueline for Mark...cant wait for Saturday brother...

When I first put him in QT...notice the black on the top and bottom...I love Japanese bluelines
DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

Damn!!! That sucks (about the Bandit!) You think just because of the lack of oxygen?

The tank and rock looks great though!!!

Sorry about your baby bandit Chris. That thing was dope...

Yeah it was because it was in his own 10g. When the pump went out it was a full 18 hours before I noticed anything...sucks too because his tail was completely healed and he was eating EVERYTHING including flake and pellets...:furious:

RIP little buddy
P1010123.jpg

Back