Campbell's 120x36x30 In-Wall FOWLR

Not sure if I missed a page, but have you posted pics of your equipment room??? Very interested in seeing your setup. I am in the planning stages of building a house, and I will be having a 500g FOWLR angel tank and trying to gather as much info as I can before the walls go up.
Thanks
Sorry about the late response Crazy35111. I will get some pics for you soon.

Love this tank. Any new pic updates?
Thanks Craig! I have an interesting night video that I shot and will upload soon.

Sorry about the delay....been too busy with work lately :(

However...I did get a new toy delivered via freight today!!!

I was like a kid in the candy store!!
7fe0b775.jpg

I was astonished with how big this thing was in pieces
9998bc2b.jpg

Put together...the quality of this thing is far greater than previous Octo skimmers
a1d99b5a.jpg

That is a HUGE collection cup.
b3880438.jpg

WOW!

I don't think I've ever seen an 8000 except in on line catologs. That beast is huge!

WOW!

I don't think I've ever seen an 8000 except in on line catologs. That beast is huge!
Tell me about it!! It ha to be shipped via Freight! The box was ginormous!

Great new addition Chris!
Thanks Ryan!

Sweet! I got my SWC 230 Cone yesterday and im in the same candy store... Lol
Candy is good Eddy!

I have the xp5000Ext and love it. Now you need more fish to handle the skimmer.
I hear ya. I have seen the 3000 and 5000 in action an have been very impressed. I am waiting eagerly to get this up and running.

I can't wait to see that skimmer up and running! Are you going to keep the old skimmer as well?
me too!!! It will be up and running tomorrow...I am selling the old skimmer with the mag36. Not sure how much inwill get but it is a killer skimmer for whoever gets it

After figuring out how to embed the "old" code

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pX759GRgsXI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pX759GRgsXI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Chris,

I think it's safe to say that you've officially lost your mind. That thing is insane, so big! I think we're going to have to commit you. I'm so sorry.

Don't worry though, while you're "getting better" you can send all your fish to me and I'll care for them.

Hope all is well!
-David

New video of all the fishes?
I was thinking of getting that skimmer too.
But my budget wont allow me to buy more angels but I killed all my new fishes anyway so I almost go FOWLR after my recent fish killing spree:( but all of my sps is doing well so soon my main tank will be fish less for few months and no angels until august.

great skimmer,crhis why do you prefer the skimmer external to a internal???you run it with overflow water or with a pump??thanks.

New video of all the fishes?
I was thinking of getting that skimmer too.
But my budget wont allow me to buy more angels but I killed all my new fishes anyway so I almost go FOWLR after my recent fish killing spree:( but all of my sps is doing well so soon my main tank will be fish less for few months and no angels until august.
Hi Lawrence...I am slacking big time on my videos...I want to add some nice music to it...so give a little more time :)

just read the whole thread... thanks for sharing!

makes me want to order an angelfish or two today..
Thanks Geaux xman - makes me want to buy some more as well :)

very beautiful setup
Thanks Zoa

great skimmer,crhis why do you prefer the skimmer external to a internal???you run it with overflow water or with a pump??thanks.
Thanks Joao Junior...I prefer internal actually due to the fact that if the skimmer fails it dumps directly into the sump. I love the look of the external skimmers though...I have a lot of room under the tank, but am still limited on width and height whereas with the external I am not limited at all.

I feed with a tuned down Mag36...I am going to switch to a Mag18 some time soon.

I have a trio of borbonius coming next week.

I am also planning on adding 3 more flame wrasse females and a trio of rhomboids.

Back