How not to build a 750/1500 gallon build thread-Khaosinc 3/5/71-8/30/11

I want to say I'm sorry to one and all if I offended you with my last post,I have been warned and I will heed this warning and clean up my language. Mike

i hate to see you not doing well . im kinda living vicariously through your tank because of this spinal injury i have . the last time i herd you were selling everything is when you were getting out of the hospital . then you were adding a 3hudred gallon tank here, and a 300 gallon tank there , and secret led projects ....... im with ya man if ya can't overdue it then no sense doing it at all . i would hate to see you give that thing away . sell all the livestock and maybe you can get some help cleaning it up . then sell it for a reasonable price. i dot know . i hope you start felling better my friend . when you are feeling better i start to feel a little better and i think few others do too .

hello Khaosinc, i have been following you for a while. your set up is very cool and i understand why you have to let it go. i have been very fortunate to have some work in the last couple of years and understand how the bills stack up. gas bill or salt? it sucks and you did more than i can. thank you for being the unpredictable guy you are. you have kept us entertained for a while now and it was fun. you take care now, ya hear!!

thanks,
john

with any luck I'll be back...

Random amusement. Was getting some LR out of my sump for a guy and my sump is FULL of clownfish. SO yes, they can survive in a tank if it is big enough.

your clownfish spawned in there? Or were they ones you placed in there? Lets see some pictures if your able.

You should really stick around khaos, trade a few pounds of lr for a 75 gallon or so tank or whatever is available, throw a couple modded maxijets in it and some fish, i would donate a couple maxijets for it. Even if you dont still stick around, ive come to find out you dont have to have a tank to be a part of the community.

I do have pairs in the main tank and they have laid eggs on occation but I've never paid much attention beyond that. My assumption is that somehow they went over the overflow and found enough to eat in the sump

sigh.... its officially over.

008.jpg

You had a good run and it was a lot of fun. Nothing can take that away from you. Savor the memories and take care of yourself.

Way to give it "you know what" while you could. Awesome build thread. Hopefully you are back with a smaller version so we can still read your crazy ideas and then see them come to life. I wish you and Tink the best. Hopefully light shines down on you. We all know you have been through a lot!

I'm leaning towards not doing a smaller system. The main reason is that I don't have any equipment for smaller systems and therefor I would have to get all new stuff. Plus it just wouldn't be the same. I'm thinking the room can be a nice quiet reading room (If I can get the tank out of there) and just have the turtle in there. Not much more low impact water based pet around....

I have a 75 gallon full of left over corals and a couple baby mollies that were in the sump. Still trying to find a home for it.

WOW! I just read the whole thread, unfortunatly, I never really got to see your tank. All but a few pics of some car engines are gone :( I hope you continue to heal health wise, I have really enjoyed reading your thread!

What a sad day, I have followed this thread from day 1 Kevin has made me laugh, cry and pray for his well being. I am going to miss this thread as it was the first thing I looked for every morning when I got online, Best of Wishes Kevin you Will Be Missed :wildone:

I like the turtle idea. I used to have one, they are pretty easy, and don't really need much other then food, water, and some water changes every now and then. You could even get a pair of them :)

Back