How not to build a 750/1500 gallon build thread-Khaosinc 3/5/71-8/30/11

Just checked in after more than a year. RIP Kevin. You will always be a wonderful part of so many people's lives. Thanks for playing with us here at RC. Tink, you will always have supplemental support here. I'm so sorry to see news like this to top quality people like you two.

Steve

Rip Kevin, you were one in a million, I didn't personally know you but somehow your wit and personality made me remember you even after a year, that really shows how big of an impact you had on people. You will be missed by many, take care tink

Tink,

I have been off RC for quite a while, and have thought of you and Kevin often. I was shocked and saddened to see, today, that he passed in August. I am so sorry for your and his family's loss. Your tribute was beautiful. I cried for both of you.

While I only knew you both through RC posts, he was an amazing, witty, funny, talented and inspiring man. So sad that his life was tragically cut short and that he had it so tough with his condition. He was very lucky to have your love and strength. Take care of yourself. I hope you are surrounded by good friends. If you need support, I hope you feel you can turn to this community. Thank you for letting us know.

I have been off of Reef Central for about three years. Over that time, I often wondered how "that crazy guy with the huge tank" was doing. I am sorry to hear the news. RIP Kevin.

Kevin was one of a kind.
Good to see this thread bumped so people that didn't know him can get the chance.

Miss 'ya Kev.

Remember reading this thread years ago. Before I took a break from the hobby. Saw this today an thought it was an update. Rip it's sad to see someone so dedicated to the reefing community go so soon. Nice to see this thread back on the front so everyone can read and enjoy it. I vote for it to be stickied.

I just saw an old thread were Kevin (Kaosinc) had posted in. It reminded me of this thread and I just had to go back and reread some of this. He certainly had a way of writing that made everything interesting and this thread was always a must read.

I was thinking about him the other day too when I saw of of some crosshatch triggers. He was one of a kind and had a true passion for the hobby!

:beer:Damn I was reading a large tank build thread and someone mentioned khaos and his crazy build. I decided to look it up and started reading this thread a few days ago. I had no idea of how it was going to go but after the 1st page I was hooked and knew I was reading something more then just a how not to build thread.

Here's a beer for you Kevin! :beer:

I cant believe its been over 3 years since Kevin passed away. Very sad day. He was a very passionate bloke, who loved animals, and reefing, for anyone who hasnt read this you must.

I read this thread when he had started it. I had been away awhile, and stopped following it. I inquired about it a couple weeks ago not knowing, but assuming he had died as he had been sick. It was sad to read. It was always a good thread to read, some loved him, some where nuts over his methods, but all agreed he loved what he did, and put his all into it.

Derek

Ran across an old notification email from this thread this evening. Had to come back for a visit and watch the above video again. For those of you that have not seen the epic journey that takes place within these pages, take some time and read this entire thread. It is like no other. Fair winds and following seas to you Khaos. You are still very much alive in all of our memories.

Back