My 748 Gal A.G.E. Aquaillumination SOL lit Texas Dream Tank Build!

Using the defroster to pull out additional phosphates or get better absorption of the "selcon"?

I've stopped rinsing foods since reading this article from RHF: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/3/chemistry

Mainly the PO4. One of our fish clubs members tested the water after frozen food was defrosted & the PO4 was off the chart. I feed frozen every night & probably around 14 cubes. Just figured that this was pretty easy to do & why add more PO4 if I don't have to.

It also makes it easy to add selcon.

Defroster works pretty good BTW

A little Nori came in last week. Cheaper to buy in bulk.

Attachments

• NORI.jpg
    NORI.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1
21.55 for 12 packs = 1.80 ea, way cheaper than buying packs for 6 bucks!

Using 2 sheets a day, it goes pretty fast.

SPS still baffle me.

Well apparently you have figured it out, lol. Tank looks spectacular - well done. I'd love to have something that size, but logistics would just be too much for me, so will have to make do with my tiny 265 :lmao:

Ordered some pods, 12,250 give or take a few. Took me 2 hours to get them out of the blue filter media.

Food comes in 5lb blocks! I have a buddy with a large tank. We combo buy our food and save a ton. Just have a hammer to break it into smaller chunks.

Ordered some pods, 12,250 give or take a few. Took me 2 hours to get them out of the blue filter media.

A few? Looks like how Reefs2Go does their pods. I just placed the whole thing in the fuge and let them make their way out. I tried that before and I was like forget it, fend for yourselves.

I was going to do that but my filter sponge in the sump prevents pods from getting to the main tank. I turned off the lights & netted them & tried to get as many as possible to the rocks before the fish feasted.

I haven't tried them, but saw the display units at MACNA. Pretty impressive!

Do you have a link to the nori you buy? All I am coming up with is the toasted kind... I guess I eat too much sushi.

The LFS near me has them on all of their tanks and it has me changing my LED choice for sure. I think its the AI director is making that difference.

Back