Pics of my new SPS dominated rimless.

myzislow

Figured I'd throw some pics up in the SPS forum seeing as this tank is most def. SPS dominated. The tank has had water in it since mid March of this year. So far so good; I'm extremely pleased with how my corals are responding in the new setup.

Tank: Rimless Leemar 40"x26"x21" Starfire front panel. Corner triangular overflow
Lighting: 24" Sifiligoi XR4 250wSE 4x24w T5HO fixture, M80 magnetic ballast, 250w Radium, 4x24w blue plus
Skimmer: ATB 840 v2.
Circulation: 2x MP-40w on opposing sides, Mag 9.5 for return
Controller: Neptune Systems ACJr.
Top off: Tunze osmolator
Dosing: 2x Drew's Dosers, B-ionic 2 part
Sump: 40 gallon breeder; baffle-less
2x Two little fishes reactors(gfo & carbon)

This is an upgrade from my old sumpless 29 gallon that was severely overgrown:
zoanthids825-1.jpg

Almost ready:
tank.jpg

First FTS:
5922923439_4ab77efbfc_b.jpg

30k lokani beginning to gain some color back:
5923597698_11df1426c9_b.jpg

Dustins deepwater settling in as well:
5959616009_499cb937ca_b.jpg

Side shot iPhone pic:
photo2-48.jpg

Little more recent:
IMG_4879-1.jpg

6214287331_9442565d3b_b.jpg

ATL red polyp clathrata
6214287319_c1390ebf00_b.jpg

ORA purple pillow acro
6239451087_2a9760c2e9_b.jpg

30K lokani updated:
6239424039_43bfd6b450_b.jpg

Orenji, baymac lokani"
6239424037_4e5471dd3c_b.jpg

Recent FTS with the sifiligoi shining:
6239480061_13fbca6ef3_b.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. I'll update this thread periodically with updated pics and such. Need to get a new FTS up as it has changed quite a bit with the addition of new corals and new growth.

Looks great man. Rock work really works for me.

I did not know you had one of these

ATL red polyp clathrata.

Swap sometime maybe?

Very nice. That 29 was incredible.

Yes, I remember seeing your old tank many times and being very impressed. But, I really love the dimensions of your new rimless and your scaping is nice. I am sure this tank will be just as impressive in no time, especially filled with corals like the dustins and clathrata!

Looking good ! Haven't seen your other thread pop up for awhile. I need to drive over to Monterey and pick up some frags. Lmk if you want to sell a pack. 

Thanks everyone :beer:

I did not know you had one of these: ATL red polyp clathrata.Swap sometime maybe?
Sure thing man, let it grow in a bit more for me and you got it.

Yes, I remember seeing your old tank many times and being very impressed. But, I really love the dimensions of your new rimless and your scaping is nice. I am sure this tank will be just as impressive in no time, especially filled with corals like the dustins and clathrata!

Thanks man, I hope so! I went with a different style on this tank. Trying out the minimalist scape look and so far I really like how it's taking shape. In person it flows together very nicely.

What happened to your sand dollar monti, that thing looked great..don't see them as non-frags very often.
I have more sand dollar than I know what to do with haha. My old main colony, along with another huge colony reside in a holding tank on my dresser. I have a large frag in the tank on the left hand side but its not visible in the FTS.

Looking good ! Haven't seen your other thread pop up for awhile. I need to drive over to Monterey and pick up some frags. Lmk if you want to sell a pack. 
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm not sure if the general reef forum was the spot to put my thread. It seemed to just get passed over and within a couple of hours it was off the radar.

Yeah I'm sure we can work something out, most of the SPS are fraggable right now but some definitely need more time to mature.

Once again thanks everyone, I'll be sure to add pics and update when I can.

You have some very beautiful frags in there ,,,,,beautiful colors....Please keep updating you cool setup...

How are the Vortechs doing in the tank?
What modes/settings are ya using in there...?
Just curious about it..coz i am just starting to figure out my new MP40 on my setup....any advice would be greatly appreciated....:)

Thanks again for the kind words everyone!:beer:

Ah nice, lol let me know when you want to upgrade again ;) I gotta say I dig this tank size a bit more then my 36x24x18 ;)

haha will do man. Hopefully that wont be for awhile, but you never know at the rate in which this thing is filling up

You have some very beautiful frags in there ,,,,,beautiful colors....Please keep updating you cool setup...

How are the Vortechs doing in the tank?
What modes/settings are ya using in there...?
Just curious about it..coz i am just starting to figure out my new MP40 on my setup....any advice would be greatly appreciated....:)

Thanks! I will definitely keep this thread updated for all of the stick heads.

As for the vortechs; I run one of them on nutrient transport mode full time, at around 75%. The other I run on reef crest set at around 60%. The reefcrest on a higher setting was literally blowing the tissue off of a couple of acros in some spots so I had to turn it down and everything has been good since. These settings have worked very well for me and I haven't had the courage to mess with them haha.

Back