RVANANO's 300 peninsula reef build

I haven't read the whole thread but...are you putting a 4 runner in there?

Kidding, but is that a Potter's Leopard wrasse?

I have found that the hermits do a better job than snails.
I have had algae I never even heard of with this new tank.
Thankfully most of it is now gone with the exception of valonia, that's going to be a challenge. I think siphoning with a sharp tipped tube will help.

I am going to do my next water change this week and will try and siphon it out. Thanks, all.

Karina, I haven't found a good sight unseen used 4 runner to buy yet ;)

I was also bummed about the majestic. My favorite fish. I will get another soon and hopefully it will be like the one in my 120. If I had more coral, I wouldn't be as worried about it but the tank is still so new and bare.

This is your basic Dinos...

pages-Lv2K2ECNOA-0.jpg

That looks like it but it's only on the rock. None one the sand.

I have the same issue going on in my tank right now only on the rocks. I have been running for a year already. I used base rock from macro rocks but did not clean the rocks or cycle them in salt water before use and now I think I'm paying for that mistake!

I used base rock from macro rocks but did not clean the rocks or cycle them in salt water before use and now I think I'm paying for that mistake!

There are a posts here on RC, about the high phosphates from Marco rocks

Your tank and home are looking fantastic! Sorry to hear about the majestic.

There are a posts here on RC, about the high phosphates from Marco rocks

There are a lot of posts about it. I never had issues with my marco rocks and phosphate. I have had them for over three years now but I never had any huge algae blooms early on. JME.

I still think it is related to "New Tank Syndrome".
Tested the rock from Marco & found nothing & -0- phosphates for a few months after the cycle.

I made a huge idiot mistake that I realized is probably the cause. I had oyster feast and coral smoothie. I bought it from a dry shelf and didn't even think to refrigerate after opening. So I was dosing with rotten nastiness for a few weeks :( Idiot!!!

I made a huge idiot mistake that I realized is probably the cause. I had oyster feast and coral smoothie. I bought it from a dry shelf and didn't even think to refrigerate after opening. So I was dosing with rotten nastiness for a few weeks :( Idiot!!!

bet you won't do THAT again! :love1:

No I won't. I didn't notice until the last time. When I popped the top, it was the most disgusting smell ever. I immediately looked all over the bottle to spot in small writing "refrigerate after opening". I felt like a total moron. I even told my wife I wasn't going to post my mistake on here because I felt so stupid but maybe it will prevent someone else from being an idiot too :D

I added another 60 hermits and am almost done with the 72 hour photo blackout period.

Think that's bad--Ordered a cc that never arrived, ordered another, came the day it was supposed to. Smell would knock you over, large conch snails dead, hermits I just dumped in & emailed the supplier. Turns out it was the missing package.

Thanks, Catherine! Only thing not doing well now is the birds nest that the Majestic wiped out. But it looks to be coming back slowly.

Back