Serpentman's 300g upgrade

Looks worse than it feels. Maybe because the nerves were singed, lol. It was my own stupidity and it was kinda funny though...

Ironically, I had every intent to take pictures. However, I got to BSing and never got around to it. I'll have to see if anyone else that was there took any.

I thought super heros were supposed to be impervious to pain and danger.

Geesh man! That must have been one wild night.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15644136#post15644136 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
Unfortunately, Jack Daniels appears to be my kryptonite, lol.

Used to be mine in another life...on a planet far far away...:p

Now I stick to Bud Light Lime... sissy drink for the sophisitcated reefer... :smokin:

How's the CA reactor issue coming? I am just getting ready to set mine up and you've scared the heck out of me...

LL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15644841#post15644841 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lightsluvr
Used to be mine in another life...on a planet far far away...:p

Now I stick to Bud Light Lime... sissy drink for the sophisitcated reefer... :smokin:

How's the CA reactor issue coming? I am just getting ready to set mine up and you've scared the heck out of me...

LL

Nothing sissy about that. I used to drink Michelob Ultra. That gets a lot of stares....

The reactor is working ok. Now that the A/C is off and the house is open, my pH is 8.3. Turns out it probably wasn't the reactor at all but just ambient CO2 in the house. Not sure what I am going to do for the winter.

Thanks to Tswifty I am researching DIY CO2 scrubbers for the input of my skimmer. Also placing a lot of plants in the room.

CO2

CO2

Likewise, I have been opening the back door to the fish room all night. I think fresh outside air not only helps bring the tank temp down, but also keeps the pH more stable. I am also running lights on the sump and my little frag tank on a nighttime schedule...

LL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15644136#post15644136 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serpentman
Unfortunately, Jack Daniels appears to be my kryptonite, lol.

It was a good time.

Try Jim Beam's Red Stag, that could be real dangerous it is so good!!!

LOL, good thing is I only play with matches 1x per year.

Been a while so I thought I would post an update. Lotsa pics coming...

Steve (Kostrab) came over to try out his new camera:

P9040576.jpg

P9040611.jpg

Here's a new recent addition. Although the verdict still seems to be out as to whether they are safe or not, I couldn't resist.

DSCF8978.jpg

My highly coveted Dan Bayer "Purplereef" Soli. This coral is the happiest I have ever seen it.

DSCF8979.jpg

DSCF8984.jpg

Another relatively new addition:

DSCF9002.jpg

I have another "toy" in the works. When its done, I am planning to convert my 40g frag tank to a nem tank.

Also added a PX1000 as a backup. Getting some funky readings though so not ready to trust it.

DSCF9009.jpg

Nitrate reactor is almost done:

DSCF9011.jpg

An updated shot of the control center:

DSCF9010.jpg

Wow keeps looking better and better.

I am just now getting ready to set up the 150g on the 19th that I got from you.

Great pictures. That Superman Monti pic really came out nice. Those lobsters are so cool looking. Hopefully he behaves for you.

Ever have one of those "duh, why didn't I do this sooner" moments?

I just picked up a cheap used magnet and one of those Easy Blade Magnets over the weekend. All I can say is WOW! What a simple concept and it works awesome. I can clean all for sides in 5-10 mins. I pretty much don't even need my $100 Magnavore....

http://www.algaefree.com/

I did the same thing a few months ago. I'd heard about it for at least a year, if not longer. What I didn't want to do is look at it all the time on my regular cleaning magnet, so I bought a Mag Float at the same time for the times I want to use it, which is about once a month.

That's what I did, I couldn't bring myself to gluing it to my expensive magnet. I was at a local swap over the weekend and nabbed a used large mag float for $10. I was telling the guy what I wanted to do and a vendor came right up to me with one of the easy blades in hand.

Actually, I think it works better on the Mag Float because of the weaker magnet. The heavier duty magnets are a bit too jerky to get in close to the silicone.

Now if I could only get back the hours I used to spend manually scraping (or not scraping and having my glass look like *%*). Marc, I think you actually witnessed that, :lol:

Make sure you push the blade toward the silicone, and don't run it parallel with it. You don't want to peel it off accidentally.

Back