What is the the best coral food u ever used for sps?

shingo43

I tried amino acid but i dont see any improvement,i want my sps to have better color and grow a little faster, and have some response when i feed them. What is the best food u have used? I think i want to try some reef nutrition stuff but dont know which one to choose,thanks all.

Fish poo... I would buy it if they sold it instead of dealing with the whole keeping fish alive thing.

IME, (yes besides fish poo :)) Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast. I apply liberally and believe it to be good stuff for the SPS.

^^^+1

Reef nutrition oyster feast is good stuff. So good it brings dead corals to life! I do a dip in that stuff for all my new additions.

Lol I'm joking please don't try this at home

feed ur fish more, and I have had a good response to oyster feast. i've been feeding my tank nutramar OVA and seem to get a good feeding response from my acros.

I mix shrimp, salmon, oyster, mussles a little broccoli, carrots and garlic and blender them. Lol. Then I mix it with tank water and 1/3 teaspoon and target feed it. Most of the time I put 2-3 drops of amino. I target feed so that I don't need to put a lot that may make your water bad. I feed morning and night. I might add fish roe to the mixture next time :), just need to wash fish roe couple of times to remove some additives.

I mix shrimp, salmon, oyster, mussles a little broccoli, carrots and garlic and blender them. Lol. Then I mix it with tank water and 1/3 teaspoon and target feed it. Most of the time I put 2-3 drops of amino. I target feed so that I don't need to put a lot that may make your water bad. I feed morning and night. I might add fish roe to the mixture next time :), just need to wash fish roe couple of times to remove some additives.

I'm a little curious and I know the arguement we keep a "non natural" ocean box, but have you ever heard of fish/corals eating carrots and broccoli?

Lol. Not really sure if they ingest molecules of those veggies mentioned. I just kinda experiment with its carotenoid content and anti oxidant contents. I just believe that animals can adapt to what they can ingest just to survive. Garlic is terrestrial yet have some positive impact on corals. Most vitamins that we use to supplement could be plant based. So far my frags keep on going rather dying from ingredients.

Fish poop IMO is the best coral food. Amino acids will help sps with colors and growth but are not really needed. I have used them and not used them and the difference is nothing to right home about but AAs do have an impact. Rod's Food is a good over all reef tank food. I never really feed my corals. I will put a few pumps of Liquid Life Zoaplankton in the tank every few weeks the corals get some of it I am sure but it is more for the pods and plankton in the tank.

Phyto Feast, Oyster Feast, Roti Feast, Phyto Plankton, Zoo Plankton, Marine Snow, Coral Frenzy, Cyclops, Vit-C, and Reef Plus.All mixed in a Bottle and Target fed, 0% dilution to the solution.2 times a day.

I add oyster feast a couple times a week. I don't know if it's helping or not but it makes me feel like i'm doing something ^_^

KZ coral vitelizer.
KZ Xtra.

for me..

it is important to experiment, and study your tank, to see what is missing in YOUR tank ! based on what u do.

feed different foods, watch the responce of corals.

for me, Xtra helps darken tissue, CV helps with growth. interestingly, I dose CV 2 weeks, and stop for 1 week and go again ... this seems to help corals grow at a most constant rate ! I have no IDea why.

Daily as per Zeo recommendation - KZ Coral Vitalizer, Xtra (2X recomended), AA.

Every 2 - 3 days I alternate, ReefRoids, Oyster Feast & live phyto.

SPS growing like weeds.

Phyto Feast, Oyster Feast, Roti Feast, Phyto Plankton, Zoo Plankton, Marine Snow, Coral Frenzy, Cyclops, Vit-C, and Reef Plus.All mixed in a Bottle and Target fed, 0% dilution to the solution.2 times a day.

Wow thats an expensive slurry! I assume you are feeding before the lights come on and after they go off? I understood that SPS feed at night.

Have you always target fed? I usually just dump the food in front of my Vortechs.

Back