How not to build a 750/1500 gallon build thread-Khaosinc 3/5/71-8/30/11

I must be slow... it took me about a week to read the whole thread. Somewhere in there it got un-stickied so i thought it was lost forever, took me a while to remember your name.... knew it was something with "khaos" so i eventually found it.

anyway, great to see you back in action. it's funny, one night I had to leave the computer just after you went back in the hospital... i actually prayed for you the next day, even though i knew that was weeks ago and whatever happened already happened. glad to see everything is going well. hope the picc line comes out soon.

awesome tank. awesome recovery. one thing i can't figure out though, why did they have to do so many surgeries to clean out your chest? why not just throw in a CUC? I am sure that astrea eat staph, right? Btw, did they leave a magna-float on the inside to make future cleanings easier?

Khaos, why don't you give us a pic intensive update to start off the split. Maybe someone can but together a synopsis of the first half. I did one a while back ago but a lot has happened since. We are all very intersted in finding out how the baby great white is doing ;)

Wow, i read every post (and now i might be late for work) and im so glad and thankful that you are feeling better.

this is truly an amazing thread and i will be sure to follow it

Wow . i just spent the last 2 hours readiung thru all these post. awesome tank going on there khaos. Also glad to see you are doing well from your surgery.

Finished reading the thread at 1:30am - couldn't stop reading because I wanted to get to the end and make sure you were okay :) I may not let my hubby read it though because he may get ideas - with a pulmonary emblolism 2 months ago and remaining blood clots in his leg he's not supposed to be doing much of anything and he's already planning running the plumbing from the tank to the basement.

Hoping you have a swift recovery, and take it easy!

Between dealing with doctors, and generally feeling lousy the last few days I haven't done much of anything. If you ever have the choice... never get caught in an ego battle between doctors. They get so excited with rare conditions.... On the one week count down to get the dang IV out of my arm though. Once thats out, its gonna be on like donkey kong... (or some similar bad 80's reference.

As soon as I can get my hands in there for an afternoon of rearranging, and get enough junk out of the fish roon that I can get a FTS, their will be a huge photo update. I was just given a nice 40 gallon tank as well that I think will be a fine quarentien tank... that means, I *might* even get to start ordering up some fish..

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15483517#post15483517 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rybren

I'd like to contribute to the fund, but it looks like the donation button is gone from the Who loves who more website (great site, btw). Can someone help me out?

Thank you for the offer, but I am back to work, and I'm sure people need their own hard earned money more than I do. You guys (and gals) collectively donated over $800 and covered my utilitys ($270 electric bill... ouch. dang heat wave), fish food, people food, and several of my meds. It also made it possible for me to sit around the house an extra week, and heal up a bit.

You all collectivly blew me away with your generosity, and I can't imagine how to thank you for that, short of getting back to my tank build as soon as I can and return to building an inland tropical sea in the mountans of western WA. I've had lots of time to think and sketch while heavily medicated.... I have some crazy ideas that just might work....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15497007#post15497007 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jcjule
Khaos... Hope you are feeling better...
I have an idea.... how about a tank upgrade?? LOL

LOL... actually my plan from here is more tanks... LOL. I have 2 westerly facing windows in the fish room I'm kinda hoping to set up a fuge/ mangrove tank w/ natural sunlight (at least some of the year, I do live in NW Washington) and as soon as I scrounge a coastal drilled 300 gallon tank, I want a big grumpy eel and maybe a couple of the cool non reef safe fish that I always drool at. (I already have the stand and tight fitting hood for an 8x2 tank... hence the desire for the size)

Then of course, I need a frag tank... a Q tank.... I'm not very happy with my current water change set up (to in the way) so that needs to be redone. and then theres the other 300 things on my list....

this of course needs to wait until after I can walk from the computer room to the kitchen without stopping to catch my breath

Glad to see that you're still truckin and fish keeping.

Let us know if your situation changes and you find yourself in need of $$.

oh yeah, MORE PICTURES!!!

Just gotta tell you, I love this thread. It gives a warm fuzzy to see you are ok. The people on the other side of the puter love you man.
"I've had lots of time to think and sketch while heavily medicated.... I have some crazy ideas that just might work"
FWIW--thoughts while heavily medicated may need to be re thought....watch this, hold my beer!

Back