The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I taked to Chris and he is sending me a new impeller which should arrive next week. This should fix my trubles.

I taked to Chris and he is sending me a new impeller which should arrive next week. This should fix my trubles.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14650563#post14650563 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sunsetSPS
I just got my BM100 plugged it in and it gives lots of micro bubbles in my tank. My sump water level is at 10". Does anyone have the same problem or know how to resolve it?

10" is on the high side. can you raise skimmer up 3-4 inches, recheck performance?

c

I believe 10" is the recomended sump level.

As per the nuocean website

Minimum water depth: 6”.
For optimum performance BM100 should be sitting in 8”-13” of water depth

unboxing BM250S

unboxing BM250S

I won't have pics of it running for a while, still getting my equipment together. Solid construction. I'm liking it so far. 2 liter bottle for size comparison.

1001926w.jpg

1001927copy.jpg

1001928copy.jpg

1001930copy.jpg

1001933copy.jpg

1001936copy.jpg

1001938copy.jpg

1001939copy.jpg

1001940copy.jpg

1001941.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to tell the diference between a BM-100 and a BM-100v2?

I just received my shipment, but I’m not sure that I received the v2. Everything says BM-100, and it appears that the skimmer was made in November of last year. I know there were problems that were supposed to be corrected in version two, so I definitely want the version 2.

Thanks for any help.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14690006#post14690006 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Eldredge
Can anyone tell me how to tell the diference between a BM-100 and a BM-100v2?

I just received my shipment, but I’m not sure that I received the v2. Everything says BM-100, and it appears that the skimmer was made in November of last year. I know there were problems that were supposed to be corrected in version two, so I definitely want the version 2.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry to be a pest, but can anyone help me with how to know if I got a BM100-v2 or not? Thanks.

I just got my 160 into my sump and started her up...for quite sometime I was getting zero bubble production whatsoever. I started taking a look at several things to see what the deal was. I finally found out the silencer is not letting any air into the verturi tubing...I took the silencer off and bam bubbles...Has anyone had this problem or even better been able to get the silencer apart??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14690449#post14690449 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Eldredge
Sorry to be a pest, but can anyone help me with how to know if I got a BM100-v2 or not? Thanks.

There should be a small card in with the skimmer it will say BM100v2 with some other stuff listed to.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14690909#post14690909 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by danreefs
There should be a small card in with the skimmer it will say BM100v2 with some other stuff listed to.

I was afraid of that. Everything says BM-100. I'm pretty bummed out. I have been waiting over a week and need to get a skimmer running. I emailed Nuocean (they have no phone number), but no response. Does anyone know what the actual difference is? Apparently the impeller is different, but is anything else different? Thanks for the help.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14690763#post14690763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 96p993
I just got my 160 into my sump and started her up...for quite sometime I was getting zero bubble production whatsoever. I started taking a look at several things to see what the deal was. I finally found out the silencer is not letting any air into the verturi tubing...I took the silencer off and bam bubbles...Has anyone had this problem or even better been able to get the silencer apart??

the silencer fits 2 ways, one way is on center, one is off center.

let the skimmer break in, use the silencer.

be patient, and dial it in, when you have had it running a week or 2.

c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back