Mixed 500 gal. A.G.E. build. 12 unit LED Radion lights.

One or two years ago i killed most all my coral. Most people would this a tank crash, but there is a reason for all crashes 99.999999% are caused by neglect. Plain and simple. I never did take the tank down. I had more bubble algae and aiptasia in all of reef tank land. Slowly i have gotten it all cleaned up minus some hair algae . I'll post a FTS later. I have gave away many frags throughout the years. If there are any that survived i would greatly appreciate a frag so i can regrow this reef.

Rasta patch
IMG_6131_zpsiextntma.jpg

Update.. aptasia are getting eaten slowly but surely. Bio pellets are keeping nitrate and phosphate in check. Only if I could get bio pellet reactor to run without so much maintenance. I have to clean exit tube daily. Any ideas?

David are you still using biopellets to maintain your NO3 and PO4 levels?

If you start to have issues with it, you might consider going to an ARID reactor from Pax-Bellum. I've been using one since April and it's a great way to manage NO3 and PO4.

Cant wait to see your tank back in it's full glory.

I still have my cheato tank. What do you suppose if I let my calcium reactor drain into it. Do you think the carbon dioxide would cause cheato to grow like crazy?

Update.. aptasia are getting eaten slowly but surely. Bio pellets are keeping nitrate and phosphate in check. Only if I could get bio pellet reactor to run without so much maintenance. I have to clean exit tube daily. Any ideas?

Are the pellet getting worn down? Are they too small and are getting pulled into the opening? Maybe use less of them and replace the pellets when they shrink too much....

I still have my cheato tank. What do you suppose if I let my calcium reactor drain into it. Do you think the carbon dioxide would cause cheato to grow like crazy?

I'd say go ahead. It should do a couple of things for you:

Chaeto will appreciate the PO4 coming from the dissolving media. This will allow the chaeto first crack at any available PO4 instead of the AIO pellets.

It will allow the CO2 from the reactor to off gas somewhat before getting into your main system.

I honestly dont see a downside to running your reactor effluent into your chaeto
tank....other than maybe needing more effluent tubing and a stronger feed pump to push the effluent a longer distance.

Time for an update! For 4 years and 8 months, my lights have ran nonstop without flaw, and I've been able to grow anything I wanted to grow. Sps, lps, anything I put in my tank thrived with EcoTech Gen1 lights. Now it's time to say goodbye to my Gen1's. I'm sending out 6 lights Friday to EcoTech to upgrade to the Gen3 Pros. Once the 6 lights return I will ship out 3, then the final 3.
I did crash my tank a year or so ago. I neglected my tank, and the crash was my fault. Now I'm ready to regrow. This time I get to use the newest best lights available. Here is a picture of my tank I grew under EcoTech's Gen1 lights.
IMG_5495_zps6ecfb8ca.jpg

Stay tuned to see new Reef. :)

Back