Mixed 500 gal. A.G.E. build. 12 unit LED Radion lights.

Its just a cheap doorbell. No need to run down stairs or to computer to put tank into feed mode. Just push doorbell

20141010_091803_zpsc802510a.jpg

Hello David

I am very impressed with your tank and hope one day that I build a tank like this

I live too far from you more than 10,000 kilometers, and now I am building a small tank and I want some help from you

as I can see the tank has top and bottom steel frame, and I know that A.G.E. built this tank and I need some information about the steel frame to help me build my tank

1- the dimension and thickness of steel L shape
2- the thickness of the silicone bed between glass and still
3- is the inside frame was coating like outside
4- did they built the glass tank then installed top and bottom frame

can you post a HiRes close picture to the corner of the frame from outside and if you can from inside like this
IAQWUf.jpg

thank you

As I posted earlier I lost my SPS and a lot of other coral. I think it was too many nutrients in water but not sure. Tank seems stable. I pulled all my rock the other day so I could catch my large tangs that have outgrown my tank. And a few others just cus they were just too fat. I added two copperbands. Once of if the copperbands get the aiptasia under control I will add SPS again. I'm hoping I can start adding SPS and other coral in a few months.

skimmer

skimmer

How do you like the skimmer I and considering getting one for my system 540 total display gallons med bioload but it will be high when done. Coralvue said it would be to big for the system. I don't think so though I have a reeflo 250 pro and it does not keep up.

How do you like the skimmer I and considering getting one for my system 540 total display gallons med bioload but it will be high when done. Coralvue said it would be to big for the system. I don't think so though I have a reeflo 250 pro and it does not keep up.

How big is your display.
I'm running 2 frag tanks and my 500 display. It's too large for me now. I was running a larger frag and 20 tangs total.

skimmer

skimmer

How big is your display.
I'm running 2 frag tanks and my 500 display. It's too large for me now. I was running a larger frag and 20 tangs total.

My main tank is 420 gallons and the secondary is 120 I have about a dozen 6-10 inch tangs and about 2 dozen other fish. Sounds like it may be too much for my system as well from what you are telling me based on your system being too small for it. Coralvue recommended the Regal300 ext I was nervous about it being too small as I only want to do this once. Thanks for your input if you can think of any other skimmer I should look at let me know. Also it will be heavily loaded with mixed corals mostly sps and clams.

David, very sorry to hear about the losses. Gives you a chance to pick some new ones, right?!

I have gave many frags away in the past few years. Time for me to go collecting frags from everyone.
I'm hoping the copperband will munc on the aptasia

Last edited:
David,

Love the tank!

We went with A.G.E. for our 150 gallon frag tank as well.

While we were up there picking up the tank and talking shop with Ian, I think the next display we get will be A.G.E.'s max size for starphire 144x48x48.

I was really impressed with their setup and quality of the frag tank.

if that doesn't work try a klein's butterfly. I just put a couple of small ones in my system to take care of a few aptasia that started to pop up. within minutes they started seeking and destroying!

Mostly prone to pick at leathers and other soft corals. I've read mixed reviews on them and how they are with corals. So far no issues with mine.

hopping my Cooperband will eat aptasia

David,
I've had the best luck overall in eradicating aptasia with peppermint shrimp.
I dont feed them and actually underfeed the tank if I'm using them to remove aptasia. I want them hungry and searching for food. In my 58 gallon tank, I had an aptasia explosion. It took 5 peppermints about 8 days to completely eradicate them. Butterfly fish didnt work for me, neither did the nudibranchs. The explosion was caused by using Joes Juice on 4-5 aptasia. Within a week, I had north of 40.

When I had some hitch hike into my 120, I bought 3 peppermints and it took them about a week to remove the few I had in the tank.

Not all peppermints will eat aptasia. However, in buying multiples and keeping them hungry, I've found they are effective.

You can trap them and remove them when their job is done, or you can keep them in the tank and start feeding heavy again.

As usual I am late to the party. Sorry to what happened to you and your system. I am sure everything will come out ok. As for the aptasia, I use Aptasia X. The secret that I do is get the needle as close to the mouth as possible and slowly inject the solution. They gobble it up pretty quick and then the explosions begin.

Back